Chapter Two.

Morning came faster than I had anticipated. Today, I did not have to worry about my older sister or parents awakening me. I woke up and looked around my shared bedroom, not seeing my little sister anywhere. I shook it off as her going for a morning run as I got myself ready for school.

Oh, how wrong I was.

I swung my bag on after I was dressed and grabbed my phone. Looking at my notification filled lock screen, I didn't even see the time. Many messages from Cam asking where I was and spam calls from Atlantic made me realize the truth as to why I was the only one still home. I was late for school. I quickly rushed out of the house and biked my way to school, as Cordilia had taken my car.

I ran into the school, bolting right for my Spanish class. I made it just in time to make attendance, but it was an extremely close call. Atlantic sat in the corner, surrounded by girls, as he smirked at my arrival.

"And she arrives," Atlantic teased as I sat behind him and put my bag on the seat.

"Shut up, dickbag," I retorted, causing him to gasp dramatically. The girls who were previously gawking over him scoffed and glared at me. No matter how many glares or scoffs come towards me, Atlantic means too much to me.

"Oh, I am wounded. How you hurt me, Amiga," He said dramatically, making me laugh.

"Please quiet down, class. Today, we have a new student joining us. Luega, would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher asked. A new student? Interesting.

A guy, about 5'10", stood from his seat. He had decently long blonde hair, about to the bottom of his ear, light green eyes, and his ears were pierced. He had this feel and vibe to him. The kind that maybe Maekawa would enjoy. I should talk to him.

"Hey. I'm Luega. I transferred here from San Francisco. There's not much to know about me, really," And with that said, he sat back down. He leaned back carelessly in his chair and listened to whatever his earbuds were playing.

I must've been staring without realizing because the next thing I know, Atlantic is snapping in my face to get my attention. I snapped out of my trance and glared at Atlantic, who's face was painted in a cocky smirk.

"Someone's staring," Atlantic teased once again, setting his elbow on my desk and his chin on his palm. "Already crushing on the new kid? Damn, you catch feelings fast."

"I am not!! That is a strong claim that isn't anywhere near being true!!" I exclaimed, smacking his upper arm. The class turned and looked at me, including Luega. Embarrassment ran through me as my cheeks went light red. "Sorry.. sorry."

As the rest of the class's eyes returned to what they were doing, Luega's eyes didn't leave me. He looked my body up and down before returning his gaze to my eyes. As my face got the slightest more flustered, he grinned and returned to looking at his phone. I shook my head, pushing away the flustered feeling. I could clearly see Atlantic messaging the group chat about this, but I decided to be mature and not address it quite yet.

I walked to the lunchroom, sitting at our incomplete table. Sadly, Bittersweet and the twins couldn't make it to school today for some personal reasons. Therefore, we had three empty seats at our table. As everyone was talking, I noticed familiar blonde hair wandering around like a lost puppy. So, I took matters into my own hands.

"Hey, Luega!! Come sit here," I invited, clearly getting his attention. He raised an eyebrow but walked to our table anyway. The rest of the group stared at me with wide eyes as he sat next to me, in Bittersweet's spot.

Needless to say, the shock that everyone in the group seemed to be expressing was immaculate.

"Hey, you're that new kid, right?" Otani asked. She was the only person who was at least, seemingly, welcome to the boy.