Chapter 1: All Might

Midoriya sighed as he walked home, remembering what Bakugou had said to him, "If you wanna be a hero so badly, hope to get a quirk in the next life and take a swan dive off the roof!!!"

How could he say something like that? What if he actually did it? How would Bakugou become a hero then?

As he walked under the bridge, he heard the sound of metal rattling behind him. He quickly turned around, to see a large, green sludge villain sneaking up behind him. Before he could run away, the sludge lunged at him, engulfing him in an instant.

The sludge villain forced itself into Midoriya's mouth, and he tried to claw it out, to no avail.

He could feel his breath being ripped away, emptying his lungs. Black splotches began forming in his vision, and his limbs felt like lead. Is this how I die?

Just before he fell unconsious, he heard a voice yelling "I AM HERE!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya awoke to the feeling of slapping on his face.

He opened his eyes, groaning, only to see none other than the number 1 hero, All Might. In a moment, he turned into a fanboying mess.

"OhmygodAllMightisherehe'sactuallyhereIamactuallymeetingAllMightohmygodthisissocoolandholycowAllMightsavedmefromthatsludgevillainIthoughtthatthiswasgonnabeabaddaybutthisisthebestdayeverohmygodIthinkI'mmumblingagainIprobablyshouldstopbutit'sAllMightisthisadreamitseemslikeadreamdidIactuallydieandthisisjustmyimaginationbecausethatwouldn'tbeverygoodandmomwouldbesadand-"

"Woah, kid, slow down, I can't hear a word you're saying!!" All Might said, laughing. Midoriya instantly began apologizing for his rambles, before a look of realization struck his face, and he scrambled to pick up his notebook, to ask for a signature.

However, he found that there already was a signature on the pages, and began thanking him.

All Might chuckled, "Well, I'd better go get this guy to the police station!"

"Wait, I have something I need to ask you!!" Midoriya called out, as All Might prepared to jump away. So, doing the most reckless thing possible, he grabbed onto All Might's leg.

They ended up landing on a rooftop, and All Might turned away. "Knock on that door a couple times, someone'll let you in eventualy. Now, I really do have to go."

"Please, just hold on a second!! I need to know, i-is it possible for a quirkless kid to be a hero like you?" Midoriya asked, and All Might froze. Midoriya continued, "It's always been my dream, to be the kind of hero who brings hope to those who need it, like you All Might! But, everyone says I can't do it since I'm quirkless.. So, I have to know, can I be a hero too?"

At some point Midoriya must've closed his eyes, because when he opened them, he saw that All Might seemed to have deflated, smoke coming off of his body and blood dribbling out of his mouth.

Midoriya yelped, startled and said, "A-All M-Might? What h-happened to you?"

All Might sighed, and sat down on the floor, "I suppose I might as well tell you.. Do me a favor, kid, and don't tell anyone else about this. Don't want people knowing that the Symbol of Peace is becoming weaker, after all."

He pulled up his shirt, revealing a nasty, starburst shaped scar near his stomache area. "A villain did this to me five years back. Ever since that, I've only been able to be All Might for 3 hours a day." He allowed his shirt to fall back down, "So, to answer your question, no, I don't think you can be a hero without a quirk. It's just to dangerous. Try something more realistic, like a police officer."

With that, All Might left, leaving Midoriya standing there, defeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya walked along the sidewalk, staring at his shoes as they clunked along, making a thud sound with every step. After everything that had happened that day, he was exhausted. Really, he just wanted to go home. Back to his mother's love, back to his one safe place.

He didn't care much to think about what had happened, not now, at least. He'd wait till tomorrow, till he wasn't so tired.

Yeah, then he'd decide what to do from here.

He heard some explosions in the distance, and although it wasn't his intention, he ended up wandering over to the sounds. There was a large crowd surounding an alley way, and he decided to push through it, curious of what was going on.

Peering inside, he instantly recognized the slime monster as the one who had attacked him not too long ago. And it looked like the sludge had a hostage, too. But... Didn't All Might catch him?

Before he could contemplate the thought further, he realized just who the hostage was. KACCHAN!!

Without thinking about it, Midoriya ran in, throwing his backpack at it. One of his pencil boxes flew out, and hit the sludge villain in the eye, causing for it to squirm around in pain. This gave Bakugou a chance to breath, and soon enough, Midoriya was clawing at the slime, trying to get it off of Bakugou. He could hear the pro-heros yelling at him, saying that it was too dangerous, but Midoriya didn't care to listen. If they wouldn't save Bakugou, then he would.

For a split second, Bakugou's arm became visible, and Midoriya quickly grabbed onto it, pulling him out.

With the hostage situation taken care of, the pro-heros were easily able to beat the villain.

After quite a bit of scolding, (and Bakugou getting praise for his quirk), Midoriya was on his way home once more. Bakugou had said something about not needing to be saved, but Midoriya was too tired to care.

However, when he had almost made it home, All Might himself rushed into his path, "I AM HE-" he started, only to deflate, coughing up blood in the process. Midoriya sighed miserably, "You don't have to rub it in, All Might. I get it. You don't think I can be a hero."

A sudden burst of determination came through Midoriya's mind, and he said, "I guess I'll just have to prove everyone wrong, that heroics isn't all about quirks."

And with that, he walked right past All Might, leaving the hero sweatdropping. I was just going to offer him One for All.....