Chapter 12: How Purple-Kun Sees It

Shinsou Hitoshi was now absolutely terrified of Nezu's office.

That's not too say he wasn't scared of it before - he'd been sent to the office for little to no reason by the teachers enough that he knew he shouldn't make himself comfortable there. Principals were never really forgiving to someone with a villainous quirk.

Between that, and everything he had heard about Nezu, he had already been scared of the place. Which was the main reason he used his quirk on Midoriya.

But then Midoriya and his weirdness showed up, and he realized he wasn't scared enough. He had no idea what kind of person could get brainwashed by someone and then try to call that same person a weird nickname like "Purple-kun", but that, along with whatever the hell was in that notebook that he apparently condistered a weapon, told him that Midoriya was just as scary as Nezu.

And with how harshly his classmates had been punished for teasing him, he did not want too see what happened when he stepped out of line.

So yeah, he was terrified of Nezu's office.

But of course, the weirdness just couldn't stay in Nezu's office.

He had been on his way to the teacher's lounge after school, too meet with Aizawa for their first training session. He didn't know why Aizawa wanted to train him, but it had something to do with his quirk being well suited to underground heroics, according to Aizawa.

It was pretty cool, because Eraserhead had always been his favorite hero due to his villainous seeming quirk, and now he was learning from Eraserhead in person.

Except it wasn't cool, because when he went to open the door, he saw Midoriya staring directly at him through the window, with Present Mic laughing at some joke Shinsou hadn't heard not too far away. Midoriya grinned at him, and rushed over to the door, opening it. "Purple-kun!! Hi!!"

"Stay away from my student, Nezu Jr," Aizawa grumbled from his sleeping bag, and Shinsou almost felt relief, except then Midoriya pouted at him.

"Aww, but he's not even a hero course kid! And Hizashi-Sensei said that I can talk to his students if I wanna!!" He paused, seemingly processing some sort of world ending idea, before squwaking indignatly, "Hey! I told you too stop calling me that!"

"And I told you to leave my student alone."

Present Mic's laughter increased tenfold, and he wheezed out, "You're such a protective dad!"

Aizawa glared at him, "I am not. I just don't want Nezu Jr here to corrupt my student."

"I'm not gonna corrupt him!! I just wanna talk to my friend!! We're friends, right Purple-kun?" Midoriya gave him what looked like puppy dog eyes, and Shinsou promptly gave up on trying.

"I don't have a choice, do I.." He mumbled, and the grin Midoriya gave him told him all he needed to know.

What the fuck was his life coming too?

Aizawa groaned, "Not now. We have training to do, Shinsou. Come on."

Thank you O' Sleep Deprived One.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh kami, Midoriya had actually decided that they were friends. Shinsou didn't want friends, though, because they always ended up turning around and hurting him. And Midoriya knew what Shinsou's quirk was, which meant that he'd get hurt by Midoriya even sooner.

They only really interacted in the hallways and when Shinsou went too the teachers lounge or Nezu's office, so thankfully not too much. He didn't know why Midoriya was never in the cafeteria during lunch, nor did he know why the boy always seemed to be in Nezu's office or the teacher's lounge, but based on the nickname "Nezu Jr", he probably didn't want to know.

Currently, he was walking through the hallway to get home, as he didn't have training with Aizawa that night. It seemed like he would be able to get home unbothered this time, but then the vent above him started to rattle.

The vent lid flung open, and Shinsou took a hesitant step back.

And then, like a goddamned demon, Midoriya's head popped out, dirt on his face and in his hair as he hung upside down from the vent. "Hi Purple-kun!! Wanna come join me in the vents? It's really fun!! We can't tell the teachers, though, they don't know that I figured out how to get into the vents."

"Absolutely not." Shinsou said, voice firm. Then he paused, "Oh. Oh. I think I've connected something.. Are you some sort of demon the third years summoned?"

Midoriya looked contemplative for a second, before shaking his head, "Nope! Not a demon, I should know. I'm just your average human! Well, I gotta go before the teachers find out I'm in the vents, have fun at home!!"

Midoriya didn't wait for a response before disappearing into the vents once more, leaving Shinsou by himself.

What the actual hell.

A/N

And thus, Shinsou has officially been roped into the shenanigans