Chapter 4: Letter

Midoriya's hands trembled as he held the letter in his hands. He already knew what was inside, a rejection letter from UA. All he had to do was rip the bandaid off. But, even if he already knew what was to come, he wasn't sure if he was actually ready to read it.

"Oh, come on hunny... You might've passed, you can't just assume that you failed the test before you even read the letter!" Inko said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Midoriya sighed, forcing his hands to open the envelope. While he already knew that he had failed, he might as well let his mother see the results, right?

Inside, he found a folded up paper. He unfolded it, and began to read it out loud.

"Dear Izuku Midoriya,

Unfortunately, you have failed the entrance exams for the hero course. However, you have a stunning score of 96% on the overall written exams, and your analysis skills are very impressive. I would like to discuss some things with you, regarding your potential enrollment at UA. You wouldn't be able to go to the hero course, because of the fact that you got 0 points in the practicals, but we could make other arangments if you would like. Please meet up with me at least a week before Ua's first offical school day too discuss this further.

-Nezu"

Shocked, he turned to look at Inko, as if he didn't believe what he had just read. However, he was instantly engulfed in the warm embrace of his mother, who was crying her eyes out. He wasn't too sure if they were happy tears or sad tears, but either way, it was enough to make him start crying as well.

After a while, Inko pulled away, and cupped Midoriya's face. With a shaky (but entirely geniune) smile, she said, "I'm so proud of you, Izuku!!"

Midoriya wasn't entirely sure why she'd be proud of him, but it probably had something to do with his score on the written exams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya was incredibly nervous, as he walked to UA. He had only gotten the letter a few hours ago, but he figured that it'd be best to go before he forgot about it. ....Not that he'd forget about it, really, he just was extremely curious as to why Nezu wanted to meet with him, of all people.

He had decided to bring along one of his analysis notebooks, in case he ran into a hero fight.

He fidgeted with his sleeves as he walked, nervous as to exactly what would happen. This was Nezu that he was going to meet. Not only was he the principal of UA, but he was also practically the smartest being alive!!

What could he possibly want to talk about with a quirkless boy like Midoriya? He didn't get it.

He exahaled a long breath, finding himself standing in front of the gates. Too late to turn away now, not that he was going to.

He took a step forward, only for the gates to close up, an alarm sounding off loudly. Right, UA's security system...

He sighed, stepping back. Looks like he'd have to wait for one of the teachers too come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aizawa groaned, as he approached the UA gates. Honestly, it probably wasn't a big deal, the media had probably just set off UA's security. Frankly, he didn't want to deal with those vultures.

However, when he got to the entrance, you can probably imagine his surprise when he saw a small boy wearing a bright yellow backpack. Of course, he didn't let any emotion show, other than tiredness, his default expression.

"What do you want...?" He grumbled, immedietly catching the boy's attention. His eyes seemed to sparkle, and before Aizawa knew it, the boy was rambling away, "Ohmygodyou'retheundergroundproheroEraserheadthisissocoolImeanIknewtherewouldbeherosatUAbutyou'relkemyfavoriteheroeverImeanyoufightallthosevillainspracticallyquirklesswhichisamazinginitselfcusI'mquirklesssoit'sreallycoolthatyou'reabletobeaherowithoutusingyourquirkalotanditsreallycoolhowyouareabletocontrolyourcaptureweaponsowellbecauseIknowthatitdoesn'thaveanythingtodowithyourquirksoIwonderhowyou'reabletocontrolitmaybeit'slikepuppetstringsthatwouldmakesensecusit'smadeofclothorisitmadeofsomethingelseImeanitdoesareallygoodjobatcapturingvillainsandIdon'tthinknormalclothcoulddothatwouldn'titjustrip-"

After he realized the kid wasn't going to stop anytime soon, Aizawa interupted him, "I asked you a question."

The boy quickly clamped up, before begining to talk again, "I'm so sorry I have a really bad habit of muttering when I'm excited or nervous or-" He cut himself off, giving a sheepish smile, "S-sorry.. And um... I-I'm here cus Principal N-Nezu sent me a letter saying that he wanted to talk to me!!"

He then reached into his pocket, probably to pull out the letter, but before he could, Aizawa went back inside the gates, opening them up for the kid. He didn't really care too see the letter, he just wanted to take a nap already. This kid was a headache, and he didn't want to deal with him anymore than nessicary. "You coming or what?" He asked, causing for the boy to look up from his pockets, "O-Oh, right!!!"

And with that, the kid rushed inside, running right up to the building in an instant, leaving Aizawa standing there by himself.

Later on that day, he would realize that if Nezu had taken an interest to this kid, Aizawa would be having a lot of headaches.