9

"This is going to hurt a little." Jinsoul reminded as she picked out the pieces of glass that were pierced in Jungeun's arm. She was quiet amazed at how Jungeun wasn't even wincing to the pain.

"Does it hurt? You don't seem to be flinching or wincing." Jinsoul chuckled awkwardly, not earning any response from Jungeun.

The blond girl had tears running down to her face. She tried covering her face with her hair as much as possible, trying hard to not let Jinsoul see her cry.

"It's okay to cry you know. I mean, I would cry too if my arm was like, pierced by pieces of glass." Jinsoul chuckled nervously as she continued to clean Jungeun's wound.

"It hurts in here." Jungeun patted her chest, causing Jinsoul to frown. She pitied the the blond girl for having to go through such things. All she wanted to was hug her, but she knew Jungeun wasn't comfortable to those type of things yet.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jinsoul asked as she wrapped Jungeun's wound and patted it softly.

"Since you saw everything, so might as well I tell you all of it." Jungeun shrugged and took a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm listening." Jinsoul smiled softly as she sat in front of Jungeun, all ears, ready to hear all of her problems.

"My mom died when I was born. She died because of me. Because of giving life to me." Jungeun started, feeling a tight feeling in her chest. "And ever since that, my father started blaming me for my mom's death, which was true though. It was all because of my existence. If I didn't exist, my mom would still be here with my father. And my father, he wouldn't have to drunken his thoughts away every night." Jungeun sighed, earning another sad look from Jinsoul.

"I've been abused by him ever since I was around 4 years old. And I've grown used to it as you can see I have multiple scars on my body." Jungeun explained as she showed Jinsoul the scars on her leg. And it shocked Jinsoul that again, they have the exact scars. This is getting weirder. She pondered but stopped immediately to listen to Jungen.

"He would lock me in a room, he would whip me with his belt, throw beer bottles at me and even hit me with all stuff around the house." Jungeun mumbled. "To be honest, I'm surprised that I'm still alive." Jungeun chuckled softly, earning a small smile from Jinsoul.

"But I've grown used to it, until I was out of that house. I was starting to get better on my own, y'know. I thought of having a future and that's what gave me strength to continue this horrible life. But anyway, I deserved it. It was blantly my fault For existing." Jungeun chuckled as tears started forming in her eyes.

"You don't deserve that, Jungeun. You don't deserve the torture and trauma you had since you were a child. No one deserved that." Jinsoul spoke softly, as she slowly wiped Jungeun's tears that were streaming down her face.

"It was never your fault. Please stop blaming yourself. Your father was wrong. You weren't the reason you're mother died." Jinsoul said in a comforting tone. "I've studied about it, it's never the baby's fault, it wss the implications that came from the mother." Jinsoul assured, earning a nod from Jungeun.

"My father would never believe that. He will still blame it on me." Jungeun sighed as she looked at Jinsoul.

"It's okay if your father doesn't believe in the real situation. You don't have to believe him in saying that it's your fault. You don't have to believe a single thing from him because he's practically wrong." Jinsoul explained, earning a small smile from Jungeun.

"And by the way, your stronger than I knew you were." Jinsoul praised the blond girl. "You withstood all of that trauma by yourself for like 14 years? Girl, I could never do that." Jinsoul chuckled, earning a laugh from Jungeun.

"Thank you." Jungeun thanked Jinsoul. "For saving me again." Jungeun said as she looked at Jinsoul.

"It's nothing. I just trusted my gut feeling when it told me to look for you." Jinsoul chuckled, earning a small pause from Jungeun.

"Wait, how'd you find me? You were sleeping like a dead chicken."Jungeun laughed, earning a small chuckle from Jinsoul.

"I don't know. I woke up and realized you weren't next to me and I felt a sharp pain on my torso. Oh and I found your address from your ID card." Jinsoul chuckled but Jungeun didn't.

"Wait, you felt a sharp pain at your torso?" Jungeun questioned, a bit confused.

"Yeah, like I felt it on the left side of my tor- wait a minute. Your left torso was bruised by the chair, right?" Jinsoul asked, Jungeun nodded and showed the bluish bruise on her left torso.

"Wait. I feel like-" Jinsoul stopped immediately revealing her torso, that had the same bluish mark as Jungeun's.

"Holy shit." Jungeun muttered. "You didn't even got hit-" Jungeun was cut off by Jinsoul, who just realized something.

"Jungeun," Jinsoul mumbled. "I think we're connected." Jinsoul said in a concerned tone.

"How? I'm so confused right now." Jungeun chuckled awkwardly.

"Whenever you get hurt, I get hurt too. Whenever you get bruises or scars, I get them too." Jinsoul explained. "That explains the identical scars we have." Jinsoul said as she pointed her forehead scar.

"But that's just one scar." Jungeun said in confusion but stopped when Jinsoul revealed another identical scar on her leg and her arm.

"I got this scar all of the sudden. I don't remember having a wound here."Jinsoul explained as she showed a scar on her right arm. "It appeared when I was 13. Which was odd because I rarely went out and played with the other kids." Jinsoul chuckled.

"My father pressed a burning cigarette on my right arm when I was 13." Jungeun chuckled, earning a sad look from Jinsoul. "You're right. I think we're connected or something." Jungeun agreed, earning a laugh from Jinsoul.

"Maybe it's a soulmate thing." Jinsoul smiled sweetly, as her hands snaked her way to Jungeun's hand.

"Maybe we're soulmates." Jungeun added as she smiled back at Jinsoul.

And they were right. They were Soulmates.
_________________

finally! Took a while for them to realise that :3
@jattoos on twt