《Chapter 16: Dex》

~ Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy. ~

Haven's pov:

I know that I recently meet them but I do trust them. They might be curious but I know that I can trust them. I started to tell them about what happens and I made sure to keep my voice low so that no one around us could hear me.

"So besides being a badass, and hidden princess... you are also a night hero," Asher smirked toward me.

"You need to stop flattering me," I chuckled.

"Do you think Hayley will keep her promise?" Kyle asked me.

"I don't know..." I trailed off.

"Usually at this young age, every kid value their pinky promise so she might keep it." Zoey pointed out.

"I hope she does."

"Anyway, you should go back to your table." Kyle said and I looked at him, "Dinner will be served shortly, we will meet and talk after."

"Yeah," Asher agreed.

"Alright, see you later," I said and they nodded. We all left our spot and went to our table to sit with our family. In my case, I was also with the Alejandro family.

Enzo and the guys were having a full-on conversation and he barely noticed me taking a seat beside him. I leaned in the seat and looked around while waiting for the food.

My eyes landed on Dylan and then on the guy next to him.

Wait a minute.

I turned on my phone and went on my emails. I checked Antonio's email and looked at the picture carefully. I looked at the guy again and my eyes widened.

That's Dex!

I instantly send Antonio a message. Dylan's father was talking to him so that means that Dex was his brother.

I saw Dex!-Haven.

I looked up and my heart skip a beat when he locked his eyes with mine. His stare was cold and full of hatred.

Does he know who I am?

I was a little startled when my phone started to ring. I looked down at my phone and it was Antonio.

"When did you come back?" I heard Enzo asked me.

"A few seconds ago... I'll be right back, my friend's calling me," I told him and he furrowed his eyebrows. Before he stops me or says anything, I was already walking toward the bar where it was more quiet and empty.

I picked up Antonio's call.

"Hello?" I said.

"Are you alright? What took you so long to take the call?" He sounded really worried.

"Sorry, I was with Enzo."

"Ok, you got me worry... where are you? Where is Dex? You are sure it's him right?" He went on with all the questions.

"Yes, like I predicted he is Dylan's brother. I'm at a hall named 'la salla dei cristalli'. Some businessmen and their families were invited to a party. I think he knows me." I explained.

"No, he doesn't, I already sent some guys to your location. They will arrive shortly and they will do their work." He informed me and I frowned.

"What?" I asked confused. He lives in a different estate, how can the guys he sends be here shortly?

"Since I find out Dex might be around the area you are, I send some guys over and they were staying at a hotel." He explained.

"That's clever," I commented.

"I know, do you still see him?" He asked and I turned around to look at the spot I found him earlier but he was gone.

"No he's gone and I feel like he knows me," I stated.

"That's impossible but I'll find out. For now, go back to your party and have some fun." He said in a softer tone.

"Alright," I sighed.

"Take care,"

I hung up and walked back to my seat. Dinner was already served and I grabbed some food for myself.

---

Dinner was over and the waiter cleaned up the table. Dad and Raphael went with the other adults in another room where they have something important to discuss. All the teenagers were in the hall, sitting at their respective table.

"We are going to the bar," Enzo informed me and I looked at him. Reggie, Kai and Blaze were already standing up.

"Ok," I told him.

"Do you want to join us?" Kai asked earning a slap on the back of his head from Reggie.

"You are lucky that you are injured," Kai murmured at Reggie but we all heard it.

Ah, the sibling love...

"I'm good to thank you," I said and Kai nodded.

"I wasn't going to let you drink anyway," Enzo stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi,"

I turned to my other side and saw Dylan pulling the chair beside me. He sat down and looked at me.

"You know that you can be nice and say hi," he gave me an annoying smile.

"What if I don't wanna be nice?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Then I would still tell you that you look gorgeous tonight." He shrugged.

"Anyway, I saw you here alone and I was thinking that we could go for a walk... I'll show you around." He suggested leaning on his elbows.

That kinda sounds nice...

"Ahm, Ahm." Someone clears their throat loudly. I turned to my other side and saw that Enzo and the guys were still here.

"Got something stuck in your throat Gracia?" Dylan taunted looking at Enzo.

"Just because our parents are here doesn't mean that I will spare you if you try anything." Enzo threatened.

"Lucky for you that I'm not trying anything bad. I just want to show your sister around and make her feel less lonely." Dylan said while briefly glancing at me. I looked at him weirdly.

Make me feel less lonely? Who the fuck said that I was lonely?

"Oh, how considerable of you," Enzo said sarcastically.

"Weren't you going somewhere?" Dylan asked.

"Nope, I'm good here," Enzo stated.

"Well i-"

This is going to be a long fucking night...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah