Chapter 11: Hotel shenanigans

I missed the feeling of falling asleep in Nathan's arms, the feeling of his arms wrapped around my waist, the sound of his breathing, the warmth from the crook of his neck. I wish I could stay like this forever. I wish I could have him hold me like this forever.

"Baby, do you have to leave? Do you have to leave with him?" his voice fills with venom as he mentions Jonah.

"Yes, I do. Jonah is my only way home. I stayed last night Nate, I have to leave tomorrow. I'll come to visit you before I leave I promise," I smile sadly at him.

Doctors say Nathan is healing well and should be out of here soon. Mrs Walker has been at their house packing, as soon as Nathan is healthy enough, doctors say he can start university. I filled Nathan in on everything that has happened so far - leaving out what happened in the hallway between Jonah and I- so he doesn't feel left out.

Jonah knocks on the open door, "You ready to go?" he questions.

I nod in response "I'll see you, tomorrow baby, rest up so you can hurry up and come to uni with me."

"Bye, beautiful," Nathan says, grabbing my ass squeezing it.

A gasp leaves my mouth, "Nathan enough, I'll see you tomorrow."

I get up, grabbing my stuff leaving with Jonah. There was an awkward silence between the two of us, neither of us knowing what to say. I fell asleep last night before letting Jonah know I would be staying, but he should understand, right?

"Jonah?" I speak softly.

"Mmm," he hums in response.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about staying last night. I fell asleep before I had the chance to go see you," I look up at him with sorry eyes.

"You're fine Peyton, I fell asleep anyways," he reassures.

Jonah takes us to my parent's house, I can see that they're asleep, but I can let us in with my house key. I search my bag for my keys, not finding them anywhere. I pull out anything I packed, still not finding the key.

"Crap, I forgot my keys!" I exclaim, shoving my stuff back in the bag.

"Peyton, calm down. I'll take us to a hotel."

I sigh, nodding, letting him do whatever. We arrive at a hotel, I've never been here myself, but I've seen people come in and out of it. Jonah walks up to the reception desk, the woman behind the desk walks around to Jonah, placing her hands on him. I stand over near some seats in the lobby, watching the scene in front of me play out. Jonah groans, and I clear my throat, not wanting to see what might happen if I allow them to continue.

Another minute passes before Jonah walks back over to me and our stuff. I don't say anything. I just look at him with disappointment. I see the room key in his hand, snatching it off him, I pick up my bag walking over to the elevator. Jonah waits a minute before walking over to me.

"Peyton," he tries, but I ignore him.

A ding fills the silence, letting us know the elevator is ready for us. I walk into the elevator, looking at Jonah, hoping he knew what floor we were on. Luckily he did. The elevator, filled with tension and silence. Time felt like it had slowed down, the elevator ride going slower and slower until it finally dinged and opened.

I allow Jonah to lead the way, scared I would get lost in the halls of the hotel. We stop in front of a door, 'room 36.' Unlocking the door, I allow us in. I stand in the middle of the room, a large king-sized bed sits in the middle of the room, a bathroom to the right, and a balcony to the left. The room was a light grey colour, a few paintings hung on the wall, the floor was carpet. Overall the room was welcoming.

"I'll sleep on the floor," Jonah speaks from behind me.

I turn around, looking up at him, "Jonah, you'll sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the floor, it's okay."

Jonah's eyebrows pull together as he frowns, "You're not sleeping on the floor, if you don't want me to sleep on the floor, then why don't we both sleep on the bed?" he asks.

I look at his face trying to find something that would make me say no, but his face was genuine, pure.

I sigh softly, "Fine, you should know I hog the blanket if I get cold."

A chuckle leaves his mouth, which makes a smile form on my face. I grab some clothes from my bag walking over to the bathroom. I get a proper look at the bathroom after I close the door. A shower over bath sits on one side of the room, a toilet sits on the other. Placing my clothes on the sink, hanging my towel up, I turn the shower on.

Hot water runs down my body, my muscles instantly calm, my mind going blank. I use this time to relax, to stop my mind from stressing over everything. A loud knock interrupts the silence that filled the room.

"Peyton, I would like a hot shower too, ya know," Jonah's voice calls from outside the door.

"Sorry!" I call out, turning the shower off.

The towel wraps my body, covering everywhere I need it to. My clothes are bunched up in my hands as I walk out. I feel his eyes on me, looking me up and down, admiring the way I'm barely covered. Looking up, my eyes meet his, heat rushes to my cheeks.

He smirks, "I'll be back."

He walks past me into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. I let out a sigh of fatigue, moving out onto the balcony, sitting in one of the chairs. The air was cool, but not cold. The sky was clear, allowing the stars, to sparkle in the sky, and the moon, to lighten up the darkness. The feeling of fatigue starts to get stronger, but I continue to push it back. I want to stay awake because I want to stay out here, in the moonlight.