5

"How the fuck are you in such a good mood? You're at a party that you had no time to prepare for, isn't this your worst nightmare?" Mikey asked Gerard, who had been smiling since he had found his way back to Mikey. No one had noticed that Frank and Gerard had slipped out earlier, and if they did it clearly hadn't been for very long since Mikey hadn't asked.

"I've had a good day," Gerard grinned, hiding the smile in his Coca-Cola. His brother eyed him suspiciously, the cogs turning in his head until the lightbulb hit.

"Ava was right, you got laid. A lot by the looks of it. You're wearing the suit that has the highest neck, and I'm assuming the 10-minute disappearing act was another part of your good day?" Mikey asked, trying to get a peek at Gerard's neck. The collar was useless, there was half a hickey poking out at the top.

"Fuck off, don't try to tell me you didn't give Ray a thank-you blowjob for giving you the deal," Gerard fired back, trying to pull up the collar a little more, which he hadn't been able to do all evening.

"You don't want to know what I gave him," Mikey grinned, his eyes trying to find Ray in the crowd. He was still talking to Pete and Patrick about god knows what.

By 1 AM the party was over and Gerard was thankful that he could finally sleep, he'd hit exhaustion half-way through the party and it wasn't surprising knowing that he'd came at least 6 times today and had broken their record. It had been a great day, having been able to spend some time with Frak and see his brother.

"Come on, let's go to bed sleepyhead," Frank said softly, threading his fingers through Gerard's and guiding him up the staircase. Gerard's eyes were heavy and right now he wished their house wasn't so large. Gerard trudged along the corridor using only Frank's hand to guide him through the dark hallways.

Once they reached the master bedroom, Frank wordlessly removed Gerard's suit. Frank was tired too, but Gerard looked drained and wanted to help him out. He removed every article of clothing other than his boxers and then gave him a kiss on the forehead. Gerard gave a pleased smile that widened when he was engulfed in a hug from Frank. Frank's hugs were the best, he held Gerard tight and they were warm and comforting; he felt safe. Once Frank let go, he walked over to the bed and shuffled under the covers while Frank removed his own clothes and then slid in next to Gerard, facing him.

They always fell asleep like this, facing each other and wrapped up together. Their faces were close, noses almost touching. Frank leaned in, kissing Gerard; it was just a simple kiss, not meant to lead anywhere and from how tired Gerard was, it wasn't going to. Tired as he was though, he kissed back because he could never turn down Frank's lips. Their mouths were parted slightly, the tips of their tongues touching and Frank brought a hand up to Gerard's cheek, cupping his face and massaging lightly.

"Vai a dormire amore mio*," Frank whispered, giving Gerard another forehead kiss. This was the side of Frank that nobody but Gerard got to see, the sweet side that loved Gerard so wholly, the side that wants to be with him 24/7, the side that wanted to kiss his face all over. But it was also the part that was afraid of Gerard getting hurt, the side that worried for Gerard more than his job.

*'Go to sleep, my love'

"I have to tell you something," Gerard murmured, eyes closed and looking as though he could drop off at any second.

"What's up, tesoro*?" Frank asked, petting Gerard's hair, opposing earlier in the day when he had been pulling it so hard.

*'treasure'

"I was embarrassed to tell you this when it happened, but the first time we had sex was the first time I had sex," Gerard admitted, lowering his head slightly into his pillow.