Once in a Blue Moon- chapter 19

Chapter 19- Zean        

        I woke up with Maggie easily breathing in my arms. I kissed her forehead and laid there, trying to keep her comfortable. I was thinking about last night. I wasn't mad, but why did she think she had to lie to me? She started to stir and these thoughts were propelled to the back of my mind. She yawned, then blinked at me.

        "Good morning," she mumbled, hugging herself closer to me.

        "Good morning to you too," I murmured. We got out of bed, stretching.

        "Well, I'm going to change for breakfast," Maggie told me, walking to her closet. I walked to mine and picked out jeans, a black tank top, and a blue and black plaid shirt. There was a lot of plaid here. I walked out to see Maggie sitting on the bed tying her black converse. She was wearing a denim mini skirt and a white and splatter-paint "I Love L.A." t-shirt. She looked up at me and smiled. Her hair was still on top of her head and she stood, looking beautiful, and walked over to me, clipping on the necklace I gave her. Hanging from it was a silver heart.

        "What's that?" I asked. She looked at me in disbelief.

        "You mean you don't remember the first thing you ever gave me? The chain broke, so I put it on this," she told me.

        "Oh, I remember," I told her. I remember. A beautiful girl moved in next door. We became friends. I saved up extra Christmas money to buy her a silver chain with a silver heart on it. I'd never seen her wear it.

        "I lost it all this time. I just found it," she whispered. She started playing with what she gave me that year. A handmade red, green, yellow, and black bracelet.

        "I remember this. Do you?" She asked, pointing to the bracelet. I nodded and kissed her forehead.

        "When a beautiful girl moves in next door and gives you a hand-made bracelet the first year you meet her, you tend to remember," I told her. She laughed and leaned against me, grabbing my hand.

        "Let's go get some chow," she offered, dragging my out the door and out of the suite. We walked down to the dining room. As we walked by the main entrance, Jessica wasn't there. Instead, the maid, Katie, was sitting there. She smiled at me while talking to someone on the phone. I had a gut feeling that wasn't the last we’d see of Jessica though. We kept walking until we reached the middle round table. Her parents were sitting there like usual. In front of our places were two scones. Maggie sat down, said her good mornings, and inhaled her breakfast. I did too, being a teenage boy and all. Mr. and Mrs. Schroder stuck with their goblets of blood. After we were finished eating, Mr. Schroder cleared his throat.

        "How much long were you two planning on staying?" He asked.

        "Just about until the end of the week. Jeremy and-" I started, unable to finish.

        "Jaime," she filled in.

        "Jeremy and Jaime, thank you for being so hospitable. Thank you for welcoming your home to a werewolf. And we'll be back to visit soon, but we'll have to be getting home by Monday," I told them. Maggie nodded, entertained with picking up crumbs from her plate and examining them.

        "I understand. But do promise to visit again," Jaime responded.

        "We promise," Maggie told her.

        "Well, it being Thursday, we'll arrange for a driver to get you home or close enough to it," Mrs. Schroder offered. I nodded.

        "Well, if you don't mind if we're excused, we're going to go swimming," I told them. Maggie agreed. As we left the table, she grabbed my hand.