Once in a Blue Mooon chapter 8 (revised)

Chapter 8- Maggie

        I woke up with Zean, under the covers next to me. I was lying on top of the covers. I realized I must have overheated. We had slept in the same bed constantly over the past month, but had never gone under the covers. I nudged him.

        "You're hot," I accused.

"What happened to your room?"

        "I couldn't stay away," he murmured, “and thanks." He grinned. I rolled my eyes.

        "You're gorgeous," he whispered, "just for the record."

        "Thanks," I murmured. I felt my cheeks begin a descent into redness.

        "Breakfast?" I asked.

        "Mmm," Zean replied.

"Pancakes?"

        "Sure!" I responded, sitting up. I looked in the mirror in the corner of my room. My hair wasn't a poof ball of killer hair this morning. That was good. I stretched and stood, yawning. I walked up the stairs and turned on the oven. He came up behind me, silently.

        "Let's go to the beach today," he murmured.

"Everyone's coming," he added, trying to bribe me. I didn't need to be asked twice.

        "Of course I'll go! I'm driving!" I laughed, flipping pancakes off the burner. We ate fairly quickly. We rinsed the dishes and stuck them in the dishwasher I was grateful to have. We ran downstairs excited for a day of sun, sand, and surf. I opened my closet to look for a cute bathing suit. I noticed they were all bikinis, and suddenly felt self-conscious. I sighed and picked my favorite, an aqua one that accented my freshly bronzed skin. I threw on short-shorts, a tank top, and some bamboo flip-flops. I went to meet Zean in the garage. He was in my passenger seat. He had traded out his traditional jeans shorts for black swim trunks.

        "Let's go," he offered, handing me my keys. I put them in the ignition and turned them. The engine boomed so loud I jumped. Zean burst into hysterics and I glared at him, though it would be more natural to ogle, but couldn't help from laughing.

        "Jeeze," I breathed.

"To the beach?"

        "To the beach!" Zean enthused as I pulled out of the garage. Zean pulled out a road map and started navigating. We ended up on the highway East for and hour and a half, and then on random small streets until we came upon an unnamed beach where the pack evidently was. I pulled into a parking space and cut the engine. I lost the tank top, shorts, and flip-flops and ran out into the sand. He raced ahead of me, just barely catching my hand in the process. In about five seconds we were waist-high in the salty brine. We were laughing and splashing each other. The Zean went underwater and came up; shaking off like the dog he was, spraying me with water. I laughed and tackled him, positioning myself on his back like a child would with a parent. He was spinning and then he fell. I stood, laughing as he sat neck high in water. I glanced over and saw two girls who looked identical except for the hair. They both had freckled complexions and almost hazel eyes. They were about the same height, but one had waist length hair, and the other's was cropped to her chin. The longer-haired one was talking with Max, the original alpha before Zean took over. Zean caught his eye and motioned him over.

        "Found your destiny?" He mocked. I guess he could tell by the face. It was kind of distinct. I set to memorize it.

        "I think so. Her name is May and she's amazing," Max answered in an amazed voice. Was that how Zean talked about me? I sure hoped so.

"I'm trying to tell her slowly. See you later!" He called, wading back towards his new soul mate. Zean did his dog-shake off thing again, and we both laughed. He picked me up, knocking my legs from under me, and kissed me. It was so nice and natural. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our tongues traced each other's lips, and his breath still tasted woodsy. When we were finished, I noticed May and her sister wading over.

        "Hey!" May called as Zean set me down.

"I'm May and this is Miranda." Miranda was slinking towards the other boys.

"She's such a player," May criticized. "Any who, Max fixated on me or something, so now we're in love and I heard you two are too. I just came over to say hey. Awe, you guys are such a cute couple! Bye!" As she waded away, Zean grabbed my waist and drew me close, pressing his lips to mine. Our kiss got better every time.

        "Mmm, you smell good," he remarked "like honeysuckles and strawberries and, fruit flower stuff," he murmured.

        "You smell amazing, like the woods and the trees and, well, just like nature." I told him. I laid my head on his high shoulder.

        "Hey, you want to go for a ride?" I looked at him, puzzled.

        "How exactly?"

        "Come with me," he answered, grabbing my hand and walking me into the forest.

        Zean

        "Where are we going?" she asked him as we descended into the deep forest. I kissed her forehead.

        "Stay here. I'll be right back," I told her, bounding into the woods. I came back my white wolf self and laid down in front of her.

        "What?" she asked. I nodded my head backwards a couple times, trying to make her understand. I should have told her what to do before I changed.

        "Huh?" I rippled my back muscles.

        "You want me to sit on your back?" I nodded. She sat wearily. I stood.

        "Am I too heavy?" She asked with concern. I looked at her and rolled a massive eye. Maggie shrugged and tangled her fingers in my thick fur. Then, I bolted.

        Maggie

        It was an exhilarating experience. The wind pushed me back, but I leaned forward. The trees and undergrowth caressed Zean but didn't touch me. The forest passed in swirls of green, blue, and gray. He ran around the little space about five times before he stopped and changed back, catching me and pulling on his shorts that he tied around his ankle so quickly I didn't even know they were off. He looked down at me in his arms and kissed me. I re-wrapped my arms around his neck. He put my feet on the ground. He took a break kissing my lips to kiss my cheeks and ears and throat then back to my lips. He sat on a rock, pulling me onto his lap. We sat there, then we shifted onto the soft grass, him laying over me, but careful to put no weight on me. He growled. It was unbearably sexy. I smiled. He broke the kiss, still looming over me.

        "Margret Lee Schroder, you tempt me to wits end." He murmured.

        "Zean Jacob Brown, you don't even know the effect you have on me," I replied. He grinned and resumed kissing me.