Once in a Blue Moon- chapters 15 and 16

Chapter 15- Maggie

        I woke up the next morning on Zean's chest in the curling waves.

        "Hey sleepy head," he murmured, dreamily.

        "Hey," I murmured, staring up at him. I felt his warm hand rub my bare back and realized I was still naked.

        "Is this a public lake?" I asked. He shook his head.

        "Would I let you go skinny-dipping at a public lake, love?" He asked sweetly.

        "No," I agreed. "Did we do anything I would regret last night?" I asked, implying, well, making love mainly.

        "Nope," he answered, grinning cockily. I usually hated smiles like that, but he looked so cute flashing it.

        "Then why are you smiling like that?" I asked, warily.

        "You went skinny-dipping with me and fell asleep naked on top of me. It made me feel special. Important. Loved maybe."

        "You already knew you were all of those things," I told him.

        "Did I?" He asked.

        "You should have," I answered. He rolled his eyes and grabbed me by my armpits, yanking me up so we were eye level. He pulled me close enough to him to whisper into my ear.

        "I love you," he told me. He pulled me into a kiss, slow and passionate. Our bodies molded together, moving and breathing together. I felt like this was Adam and Eve, but instead of being ignorant of the fact of being naked, I was more blinded by my love for Zean. Just then, a spark of red appeared out of the corner of my eye. A mental image of me meeting Kellen by the big oak a short ways into the forest. Just then, Zean got up.

        "How about eggs for breakfast?" He asked. I shrugged. I needed to ask Kellen some questions. Zean bounded off and I slipped on my skirt and polo, running into the forest. I stopped next to the oak. Kellen walked out from behind it. He was wearing a white muscle shirt and some jeans. He had a denim long sleeve shirt rolled up to the elbows over it, and he looked like he just walked out of the pages of a fashion magazine.

        "I see you got my message," he commented. "Late night with the girls?" I resisted the urge to tackle him.

        "Listen, I've got some questions, so let's get straight to the point, okay? First, why do I have two were-wolf fixaters?" I asked.

        "You don't," he responded calmly.

        "Then who's real and who's fake? And how do you seem to know everything about everything?"

        "Number one, Grant's the fake, duh. Second, your parents are the vampire rulers, they have eyes and ears everywhere. And they have chosen me to court you." He flashed a smile I wanted to smack off his smug face.

        "I will not have my courter chosen for me," I told him. He shrugged.

        "I'm always here if you change your mind," he murmured, stepping closer. He moved so quickly I didn't have time to react. He grabbed my head, pulling me toward him, and planted a kiss on my forehead. He grinned and was gone in an instant. I ran back to the lake and sat at the edge of the dock, waiting for Zean to come back. After about five minutes I shrugged off my clothes and dove into the crystal-clear blue water. It felt so nice and was a very comfortable temperature. I swam for about ten minutes, until I heard a rustle in the bushes. Zean stepped out holding a couple eggs, grinning.