Once in a Blue Moon-Chapter 6 (revised)

Chapter 6- Maggie

        When Zean and I woke up the next morning, there was a party about to start.

        "Surprise," Zean murmured into my neck. Five people had fixated. Maliki and Tamia on each other, Zean on me, Sean on Melissa, and Zack on Marissa. Everyone was dancing and having a good time. Well, the un-fixated boys did look a little put out, and Andy, Colin, Ryan, and Harry looked bummed they weren't even wolves, but otherwise it was fun. They party went on great for about thirty minutes.

All of a sudden, there was a fluttering sound. The wolves ran into the forest, except the fixaters. They got into protective positions in front of their fixaties. I heard the fluttering get louder and suddenly, a group of fairies landed not one hundred feet from us. The fairies were about three feet high and looked mad, or just plain mean. They had gray skin and orange glowing eyes. I jumped when one made eye contact with me. The women had long flowing hair, and the men's was cropped short, but it was all silver-white in color. They all carried weapons like bows and arrows or spears. They dressed like savages in animal pelt clothing. Their eyes looked bloodthirsty. I shuddered, and about ten pairs of glowing eyes flicked to me. I gulped as I realized they could probably hear my heart racing. Suddenly, the wolves burst out of the forest, sliding to a stop in front of us. All that could be heard was growling and beating wings slowing. One fairy straightened up.

        "I'm Hilary and this is my tribe," she announced in a bubblegum- and blonde curls voice. She motioned to the other fairies, still crouching.

        "What do you want?" Zean demanded.

        "Their meat," Hilary laughed. Zean stepped forward and ripped into a growling wolf, his clothes ripping to shreds with the change. I got Goosebumps.

        "And, we'll take their blood back to the Manangals." The fairies snickered. A couple wolves charged, but the fairies flew away like birds charged by a dog. The wolves watched the sky for a moment, then ran to the forest to change back. Zean changed right in front if me, pulling his extra jean shorts on so fast, I didn't even know they were off. He jumped up and hugged me, then released. I clasped his hand, squeezing tight.

        "You'll never get hurt, I promise you." I nodded. Just then, Hilary relanded behind me. Zean moved me out of the way, running towards her. He tackled her in human form, but she still had her spear. She snarled and thrust it into his arm.

        "No," I snarled as I ran up and kicked her as a football player would kick a football toward the goal post to make a field goal. She flew about ten feet backwards. She snarled, but was apparently too injured to do anything but fly home.

        "Are you okay?" I asked, tearing up.

        "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" He asked, yanking the spear from his arm.

        "Whoa, that looks weeks old!"

        "Yeah, I can't go to the hospital with a temperature I should be dead with. I heal fast." He shrugged.

        "Check back in ten minutes. Now, where's that fairy bitch?"

        "Gone," I sighed. All that was left of Hilary was a pool of silverish liquid where she had landed after I kicked her.

        "Fairy blood," Zean commented, taking a look at it.

        "You must've kicked that bitch pretty hard," Ryan snickered. I turned bright red and walked away.

        Zean

        I had to get her out of this, away from this bullshit. She shouldn’t be worrying, it’s not right. I had no idea what to do next, so I did the only thing I could. I snuck into her room, grabbing her cell phone then going back to my dorm. I scrolled through her contacts until I found who I was looking for. I hit the call button, not caring what time it was.

        “Hello?” a groggy voice answered.

        “Aunt Charlie?” I asked.

        “Zean? What is it dear?” she asked. My super sensitive hearing head her turn on a light.

        “It’s Maggie. I need to protect her.”