twenty.

TWENTY.

Remus stood against the wall by his classroom, hands wedged firmly in his coat pockets as he manically looked each way up and down the corridor. He had eaten double his weight in pigs-in-blankets, and he was feeling rather content. This was by far his best Christmas he had experienced in years, and the raven haired Gryffindor he was watching run up the corridor to him was the cherry on the cake.

"Let's go!" She beamed, clutching on to his forearm.

Remus led the pair of them out of the school and deep into the grounds. Luckily, everyone else was so full from lunch that they couldn't even bare the thought of moving from the comfy sofas of their common rooms, never mind go outside. There was a thin sheet of snow on the grass outside, with more flakes falling gently as they continued outside.

Wrapped up in a large scarf, with a bright pink nose and cheeks, Remus couldn't take his eyes off of her. Once he knew that there was no chance anyone could see them from the windows anymore, he pulled her body into his and kissed her softly. Her hands were freezing on his cheek, but he didn't care. The snowflakes in her hair soon melted onto his hand as he tangled his finger into the back of her head, and she couldn't help but giggle into the kiss.

"What's got you laughing?" He asked with a smirk.

"Imagine telling me at the start of the year that I was going to spend Christmas day snogging my teacher."

"Yeah? Well imagine telling me that during the first job I've managed to hold down for longer than a few months I end up fucking my student." He added.

"It's worth it though, is it not?" She teased, kissing the spot behind his ear she knew melted him.

"Fuck Cara, we aren't shagging in the snow. I'm not explaining frostbite on my arse to Pomfrey." He picked her up by the waist, with Cara emitting a squeal of surprise.

"Put me down!" She cried as she wrapped her legs around him for stability.

"Or what?" He began to walk off in a random direction.

"Or I tell Dumbledore about those dirty dreams you told me about."

That was enough for him to land her feet back on the floor, and she finally got to see the large blush across his cheeks that was definitely not just the weather. Cara began to skip off towards the Black Lake before sitting down on the dry stump of a fallen tree on the outskirts of the forest.

As he caught up to sit next to her, she watched him take a cigarette out of the pack in his coat pocket and placing it in his lips, before lighting it in one smooth move.

"I didn't know you smoked." She remarked. It was certainly a bad habit, but he looked so good when doing it.

"You wonderful father's influence." He chuckled, sitting down opposite to her on the rather large stump. "Of course he gave up after a while, leaving me to carry on by myself."

"It suits you."

Cara spun around and lay backwards, so that she was lying with her back pressed against his chest. He kissed her temple lightly, before wrapping his arms around her. His cigarette was still in between his fingers, which she plucked out and took a puff for herself.

"Oi!" He snapped lightheartedly.

"What?" She asked innocently and placed it in his mouth for him. "Do I look like a saint to you?"

"Close enough." He mumbled into her neck, prevented from leaving kisses by her thick scarf.

The rogue hand of Cara's that had been resting on his knee was moving higher and higher up his thigh. Flicking the cigarette away, Remus now had a free hand to hold her cold cheek with as he kissed her deeply. Cara flipped herself over, and was now on her knees in front of him as he lay against the fallen tree behind them.