Dead meat doesn't bleed

[I predict a riot- Kaiser Chiefs]

* Ophelia*

"You know, we could get back at them, let off some bouncing bombs in their office. Let them really get a shock."

I look up, Sarah stuffing a piece of sausage into her mouth and then chewing, her hand tapping on the table.

"No point." I reply, glancing back down at my book and flipping the page, the words not really sinking in.

"Well. We have to do something Ophelia, they cant sit and crush your face and then expect everything to be fine and dandy." She pushes, sitting forward in the bench seat.

I look up again, a fire dancing behind Sarah's eyes, eager to start some shit.

I sigh, when was the last time I had that fire?
Oh yeah, before I went to bed the day Draco left me.

The past week I had spend solely with Sarah. Feeling guilty for abandoning her. She let me cry to her about Draco. She cursed louder than anyone when I told her about Bellatrix, swearing that she would make her drop to the ground dead. She is my best friend, and I apologised to her profusely when I admitted I had forgotten that.

"Sarah, there is nothing we can do. You know what's began happening now. Everything has gone to shit, and plus, I've dealt with worse." And I shift my eyes to my sleeved arm, feeling the wonky eyes of Bellatrix's art project protruding through the cotton almost like it was taunting me.

She scowled and stabbed her slab of steak with her fork, picking it up without cutting it, using her teeth to tear bits off.

I groan watching her eat it "Why cant they make sure the beef is actually cooked" I gagged watching her tear into it and chew.

"It is cooked." She states, eating another piece. "Plus, after you've bled out meat, its dead..so therefore, you cant feel ill at it "still being bloodied" it isnt.. its just medium raw."

I gag again, looking down at my book, looking back up when Sarah gasps.

"Perhaps, we can get revenge on Draco then?"
She swallows
"Does he have any secrets that he would die if anyone found out? What about stealing his boxers and hanging them around the Slytherin common room?" She suggests, a smirk playing on her lips when I smile....The idea is tempting.

"No point" I finally breath out, flipping the page of my book again, taking a sip of my coffee. "He would just take them down and then look at me as though I was the one who ripped his heart out. Like what he's been doing since last week. We haven't so much as spoke since he left me. And sure he seen my eye but he didn't even react, it was like he didn't care. Emotions just....gone"

Sarah sighs, putting her chin into the palm of her hand. "Why don't you get a rebound?" She explains, eyes bright as if she had figured out the answer to the universe.

I cringe "Absolutely not. I just want to study, eat, keep my head down so I don't get my fucking nose caved in by either of the Carrows... And besides, I might take a trip into London at the weekend, grab some more earphones and make sure they stay hidden. I miss dancing around in my room."

We sit in silence for a few moments, before Sarah speaks. "Remember when we used to make up silly dances in your room? And you would get so angry that I wouldn't get each step right, or that I couldn't point my toe or flex my heel. Your teacher voice would come out and it would be so funny. Your dad had to eventually break up the dancing before we started fighting."

We both laugh, thinking about the memories of us twirling and moving around, some more gracefully.

My laughing fades as a lump forms in my throat. My mouth dry and cracked.