An Unexpected Visit

The trip to Kjerag was via helicopter and I noticed it was closer than Lungmen or Chernobog. I guess it's because it was near the headquarters. At least Ch'en won't be bothering me this time. Or is she? Now that I think about it, she had plans to intervene with me beforehand.  

Nearl: Ch'en bothering you again? 

(Y/N): I ran into her when I woke up, so I wouldn't say that she was bothering me.

She somehow knew that I happened to stumble upon Ch'en. It was obvious since I looked like crap every single time. 

Nearl: *sigh* Figures, I'm guessing she's starting to do random checks on you. 

(Y/N): I told her about the upcoming appointment though. She won't be bothering me for now. 

Nearl: For now that is. I hope we can get this done and over with. Amiya, how far is Kjerag from the HQ?

Amiya: It should take probably 3 hours. Why?

Nearl: Just asking. Is there any particular reason for choosing me to tag along with you? 

Amiya: I was going to ask Dr. Kal'tsit, but knowing she would say no I thought you were up for it.  

Nearl: To be fair, the Doctor's been dead two weeks ago. This was something you weren't expecting ever since (Y/N) joined. 

Amiya: I guess so, I hope I wasn't going to bother you two today. 

Nearl: It's all good, we didn't have any plans today. 

It wouldn't matter anyway, especially with whoever Blaze is. And even if there were any plans today, there wasn't anything to discuss. 

Amiya: And how are the Students of Ursus? Are they giving you a hard time, (Y/N)? 

Nearl nudged me briefly, implying that Amiya was talking to me. 

(Y/N): They're doing fine, Amiya. They've been mostly doing their things as it turns out. 

Amiya: That's good to hear. And I hope it stays like that.

(Y/N): I hope so...

It wasn't my idea, Nearl's, or Platinum's idea to have them join our group. I would say it was for convenience that one of us would go missing. But it feels like it would likely be me going missing, especially if Ch'en's being clingy. There was another thing that also has been bothering me besides Ch'en, and it's this deal. It might be because of the propositions, or I'm getting the idea that it's making things worse for me. One thing is for sure, is that I wasn't prepared for this. 

Timeskip (3 Hours Later)

Kjerag was a different territory. Compared to Chernobog, it was at least not an eyesore. The buildings were intact and it was busy as hell. 

(Y/N): Does anyone have an idea of how far is it?

Amiya: It shouldn't be that far. Hopefully, the snowstorm doesn't make things hard for us. 

I noticed Amiya was holding a silver briefcase. 

Nearl: What's with the briefcase, Amiya? 

Amiya: Confidential stuff, Miss Nearl. All I know is for the deal. 

(Y/N): Did the Doctor tell you about this deal beforehand, like before you told Nearl about it?

Amiya: Now that you mention it, he was aware of the financial crisis and wanted to get it done. I overheard it from the constant arguing with Dr. Kal'tsit. 

Nearl: At least he prepared this before becoming an asshole. 

Amiya: He was already an asshole, especially towards some males. But his death was just uncalled for.