~ Box Boy ~

There was something off about today, but no one could put a finger on it.

It was Christmas Eve. The small family didn't have much money and would settle with doing arts and crafts instead of buying gifts.

This year, however, the older boys in the house decided to go out and buy the youngest one a gift.

As Wilbur took ahold of Tommy's small, soft hand, a calm feeling took over the family. Techno in his light but fuzzy red coat, Phil in a green trench coat, Wilbur in a yellow sweater with a brown overcoat, and Tommy in a heavyset red jacket.

Walking through the town square in the slim sidewalks, the boys felt happy while looking for a store to take their little Tommy in.

Wilbur would watch Tommy's gaze, trying to see if he could catch a glance of curiosity, but found nothing. Only a cold boy.

Wilbur nudged Techno's side, getting his attention. The twin looked back in response.

"Can you hold Tommy to warm him up a bit? He kind of needs it and I'm far from warm." Wilbur chuckled.

Techno smiled and nodded in response. He bent down next to Tommy and wrapped him in his giant sweater, instantly feeling the boys cold body becoming warmer.

The little magma boy cuddled into his brother as the snow lightly sprinkled their hair.

"Tommy, you're such a dork." Techno ruffled the boys hair, feeling the heat arise already.

For once, the bratty younger brother didn't mind and just enjoyed the warmth. The silence caused the older boy to chuckle.

"Are you excited?" Phil spoke, turning towards the boys are they continued to pass by restaurants and stores.

Tommy nodded into Techno's neck, not looking up at his dad. Techno chuckled once again and he began rubbing circles on the boys back.

Phil suddenly stopped in front of a store, which caused the other two boys stop besides him.

"I think Tommy will like this store."

The store was small with a sign on too that says "Plushies". Tommy was a big baby for soft things, even if he hated to admit it. He really was a brat for only being a 6 year old.

The boys smiled and walked into the store.

The bell chimed as the door opened, warmth of the small, vacant store hit the boys instantly.

Thinking it would be warm enough for the nether boy, Techno put him down but held his hand for support.

The store was small and was filled wall-to-wall with plushies made of people of all ages. Right by the front door was the cash register, which stood a young lady with long, strawberry blonde hair in a ponytail and a purple sweater. She smiled at the boys walking in.

"Anything I can do for you boys?" She spoke sweetly at the makes standing by the doorway, who wee still adjusting to the warmth.

"Yes, please," Phil spoke, inching closer to the girl. "We're looking for something for that little one." He pointed to Tommy, who was slowly letting the heat rise to his skin. It was obvious he was a different breed.

Even though Tommy looks a bit terrifying for a little kid, the nice girl still smiled. "Of course!"

She walked out from behind the counter and kneeled down by the steaming boy.

"What's your favorite animal, little one?" She spoke. Tommy gripped Techno's hand ever so slightly, taking in a breath.

"I like . . . insects." He spoke quietly, his eyes snapping shut in fear if scarring the woman.