~ Good Ending ~

Tw/Cw:: Dissociation, death (ambiguous)

. . .

"...Phil?"

The blonde man smiled, pulling Tubbo into his arms.

"We missed you, Tubbs." Squeezing the little boy half to death.

"Is he awake? Is he? Is he?" Tommy gaped, jumping happily next to his father. His energetic voice was enough to bring Tubbo out of his dazed state, smiling and laughing at the boy before him.

Tubbo didn't recognize the room, it looked scary similar to the room he was in moments before.

"Where.. am I? Where are we?" He muttered, his voice scratchy and sore. Was something stuck in his throat?

"We're in the hospital, Tubbs." Phil answered almost instantly, rubbing his thumb in circles on the little boys hand.

Tears formed unknowingly, as the little moobloom let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He was glad he was finally home.

. . .

Days past of Tubbo being in the hospital. He didn't know why here was there, but he was glad he was with his family.

Techno would come in almost every night and read him stories.

One night, it was a book on Greek mythology. It was random facts, mainly.

Melinoe was his favorite. She is the underworld goddess of ghosts and nightmares.

He loved listening to her story, and almost cried a few times. Though he didn't know why it was so sad.

He was too young to understand anyways.

Sometimes Wilbur would come in to play him music.

Tommy would sing along sometimes and teach Tubbo the words.

His mind was far too foggy to remember when exactly these moments were, but he did know that here in the present, Phil entered the room with a cake and eight blazing candles.

"Happy birthday, Tubbo." He smiled and the bed-bound boy smiled back.

He missed his birthday?

No! He was spending it with his family! Of course they wouldn't miss his birthday.

Tubbo quickly sat up and clapped his hands together, giggling as his family began to sing.

At the end of the choppy chorus, the cake was presented in front of him to blow out the candles. It took a little more effort than it should have but he did it. (Maybe with some background help from Techno, too.)

"What did you wish for?" Tommy jumped up next to his brother, poking him in the arm.

"Well if I tell you, then it won't come true!"

Techno sat on the other side of Tubbo, ruffling the boys messy curls in between his fingers. "It's good to have ya back, kiddo."

"But I never left?"

But Wilbur didn't hear. So he tried again. "But I never left."

Why couldn't he hear that. He tries something else. "Yea, me too."

That worked. His older brother brought him into a side hug. He was too filled with an unknown joy to think about what that implied.

Phil, so had turned around to cut the cake, brought over two small paper plates with chocolate cake and blue frosting. "Eat up, kids. We have a long ride in front of us."

He sat one plate in Techno's lap and the other in Tommy's. When Tubbo looked up, he could see Wilbur standing near the doorway with his own slice already.

Phil saved the best for last, setting the fourth piece of cake and fork right into Tubbo's small hands.

"Thank you, dadza!"

They smiled at each other and just as Tubbo was about to take a bite of the cake, the fork in his hand emmited a soft glow.

The closer it got to his mouth, the brighter it got.

When he realized this, he also realized all eyes were in him.

"It's okay, Tubbo." Phil rubbed the boys leg that was hidden with the hospital blanket. "You can take a bite."

"But," He stammered, his little heart clenching at the feeling of the fork. Inside, he knew it was stupid, but the way it was glowing made him scared. "It's glowing."

He looked at everyone else's forks, and they were glowing too.

This is normal.

They're supposed to be glowing.

Right?

Tubbo took the piece of cake and slowly brought it to his mouth.

This is okay.

A glowing fork isn't the worst thing he's dealt with.

The taste of the cake was amazing. The best thing he's ever eaten. Was it handmade? It was too good to be store-bought.

When he looked up again, he saw his friend.

His friend with horns.

They took by the window of the room, sneaking a bite of their own cake.

Tubbo smiled at them as much as they could with the giant piece of cake in his mouth.

Did this mean something?

Possibly.

Did Tubbo care?

No.

Why?

Because he was with his family.

The light of the fork was almost blinding the more he used it, but it no longer scared him. He welcomed it.

No one is too young for a glowing fork.

And thankfully, his friend thought so too.

. . .

Word Count: 832

The first ending <3

There's gonna be a "good" ending and a "bad" ending because I couldn't decide on one. Hopefully I'll get the bad ending posted today or tomorrow

Have a good day/night :))