~ Vase ~

**TW/CW:: Panic attack, blood, derealization(?)hinted child neglect :)**

. . .

"Papa, I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry, Dadza..." Tubbo fiddled with his sleeves, his legs quivering and threatening to fall.

Phil sighed. "Its okay, Tubbo-"

"You little brat, don't fucking do it again."

"-just don't do it again."

The moobloom kept his eyes out of sight, not wanting to risk him seeing the tears.

Tommy walked around the corner of the hallway, seeing the broken glass spread on the floor. "What happened?"

Phil looked up and smiled. "Tubbo just got a little moody and knocked over a vase."

Tommy's expression turned from surprised to sad. "You guys aren't hurt, are you?"

Tubbo forced himself to turn his body around and shook his head, almost in sync with Phil as he said "No".

Tommy went on his knees when Phil did and started to scoop the glass in his hands, obviously not caring about the repercussions.

"Tommy- don't hurt yourself." Tubbo spoke after a long moment of silence, noticing how little specks of glass were impaling his own bare feet.

The blonde looked up and smiled at his brother. "It's fine! I'm used to this!"

~Earlier that night...~

Wilbur sat with Tubbo on the couch, teaching him the notes on his toy keyboard again.

"Do you know the song... You Are My Sunshine?" Wilbur asked, his voice calm.

Tubbo shook his head. "Papa was never really into music."

Wil nodded- "Then I'll teach you." -and carefully grabbed Tubbo's small fingers, placing them on some of the keys as he sang:

You are my sunshine~

G C D E-E

My only sunshine!

E D#-E C-C

You make me happy-

C D E F-A

-When skies are gray.

A G F E

The rest of the song was a blank... His fingers moving on his own now and him singing along.

He didn't remember the words, though he sang along.

He's never played any piano-type instrument til he arrived at this house, though it was like he knew the keys by heart.

Soon, the end if the chorus came

Please don't take~ my sunshine away~

C- D- E- F- D-D -E-C

Tears streamed down Tubbo's already bright red cheeks, making him pull his hands away from Wilbur's to hide them.

"Tubbo? What's wrong?" The twin asked with obvious concern in his voice, wrapping an arm around the little moobloom.

"Th-This song..." He sniffed then choked out a sob.

Wilbur held the now shaking boy and rubbed his back to comfort him.

The woman handed me a music box!

"Merry Christmas, Tubbo. I hope you enjoy it." She said, her voice nice and soft.