Discussing Horcruxes

We were sitting a the breakfast table in he burrow. Mrs. Weasley had gone upstairs to wake Hermione and Ginny, while Fleur had left to take bath. And Mr. Weasley had just left for work. Seamus was upstairs reading the last letter he got from his parents -- they can't send any more because they could be intercepted, and we can't give away our position to the death eaters.

"Well you can't do anything about the" -- Ron mouthed the word Horcruxes -- "till you're seventeen. You've still got the Trace on you. And we can plan here as well as anywhere. Or," he dropped his voice to a whisper, "d'you reckon you already know where the You-Know-Whats are?"

"Ron. If Harry knew where they were, he would've told you by now." I answered for him.

"Right." Harry nodded. "Anyway, the Trace'll break on the thirty-first. That means I only need to stay here four days, then I can --"

"Five days," Ron corrected him. "We've got to stay for the wedding.. They'll kill us if we miss it."

We all understood "they" to mean Fleur and Mrs. Weasley.

"It's one extra day." Ron said, in response to Harry's angry look.

"Don't they realize how important --?"

" 'Course they don't," Ron said. "They haven't got a clue. And now you mention it, I wanted to talk to you about that."

Ron looked toward the door into the hall to check that Mrs. Weasley was not returning yet, then warned, "Mum's been trying to get it out of Hermione, Emma, and me. What we're off to do She'll try you next, so brace yourself. Dad and Lupin've both asked as well, but when we said Dumbledore told you not to tel anyone except us, they dropped it. Not Mum, though. She's determined."

--------------------------

Later, Mrs. Weasley had assigned us all jobs to do to help prepare for wedding. Seamus and I were decorating the tent where the actual ceremony will take place.

"I still don't know why you can't tell me where you're going -- Well, you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry." Seamus said, "I mean, why can't I go with you?"

"I told you, Seamus. My parents are already involved with the Order. You're parents don't have any reason to be directly under attack by Voldemort -- honestly, Seamus. We've been over this. It's just a name -- Anyway, you're family will be under attack if you come with and if you don't show up at Hogwarts. I don't want you getting hurt --"

"Me? I don't want you getting hurt, Emma. It goes both ways! And me family can take care of themselves. They've already went into hiding with the Cassie's family, because Cassie is involved with Draco, and that could put her family in danger. They'll be fine. I need to be there with you."

"I just --" I sighed in defeat. "I'll have to talk it over with Ron, Hermione, and Harry."

"It's just -- when I thought you were dead for good in the Department of Mysteries, I felt truly unimaginable pain. How d'you think I'd feel when you go off -- doing whatever -- and at any moment you could be dead and I wouldn't even know?"

"You're right. I'd probably feel the same." I agreed finally. "I'll tell them."

------------------------

"Definitely take this one." I told Hermione, handing her A Guide to the Perfect Protection Charms.

"Right." she said, taking the book and putting it in her bag with the undetectable extention charm.

"Listen." Harry began. "I know you said after Dumbledore's funeral that you wanted to come with me."

"Here he goes," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"As we knew he would." Hermione sighed. You know, I think I will take Hogwarts, A History. Even if we're not going back there, I don't think I'd feel riht if I didn't have it with --"

"Listen!" Harry yelled.

"No, Harry, you listen." Hermione snapped, "We're coming with you. That was decided months ago -- years, really."

"But --"

"Shut up." Ron advised

"Are you sure you've thought this through?" Harry persisted.

"Harry, she --" I began, but was cut off by Hermione.

"Let's see," she said, slamming Travels with Trolls on the discarded pile with an angry look. "I've been packing for days, so we're ready to leave at a oments notice, which for your information has included doing some pretty difficult magic, not to mention smuggling Mad-Eye's whole stock of Polyjuice Potion right under Ron's mum's nose."

She continue, "I've also modified my parents' memories so they're conviced they're really called Wendell and Monica Wilkins, and their life's ambition is to move to Australia, which they have now done. That's to make it more difficult for Voldemort to track them down and interrogate them about me -- or you, because unfortunatly, I've told them quite a bit about you. Assuming I survive our hunt for the Horcruxes, I'll find Mum and Dad and lift the enchantment. If I don't -- well, I think I've cast a good enough charm to keep them safe and happy. Wendell and Monica Wilkins don't know that they've got a daughter, you see."

Hermione's eyes were swimming with tears.Seamus, Ron, and I were all glaring at Harry now.

"I -- Hermione, I'm sorry -- I didn't --"

"Didn't realize that Ron, Emma, Seamus and I know perfectly well what might happen if we come with you? Well, we do."

"Alright." Harry gave in. "I'm sorry."