The Truth...

• Dedicated to Everybody who thinks they're not good enough

This chapter is dedicated to everybody who thinks they're not good enough because they compare themselves to others. Who cares about what other people have done? You can pave your own way. Go down your own path. 

Emma's P.O.V.

Another few weeks later, Seamus and I had become good friends.

We were in the courtyard at a table and benches I made for us to study on. Seamus said he'd prefer being outside because it's calming.

"Again. Thanks for your help." Seamus said in his thick accent.

"Hey Seamus? Are you Irish?"

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry, is my accent hard to understand?"

"Oh, no. It's cool."

He smiled, "Thanks."

I was writing an essay for History Of Magic and I was furiously writing, and erasing. Then rewriting, and erasing again.

"Emma." he said, "Emma!"

I ignored him.

"Emma! I think you need to take a break." he said.

"No! I have to do it right! I have to-" I yelled, but I stopped. Looking at him. He had jumped back and his eyes were wide in shock.

"I- I'm sorry. I'm just... really stressed out." I apologized, sitting back down and holding my head with my hands.

"Emma, is there a reason you're like this? I mean..."

'Uh.. no... it's- it's nothing." I shook my head.

"It can't be nothing. Is it your parents that push you?"

"Oh. No... it's not them.. Well, not directly.. it's..."

"It's you?"

"Yeah."

"But why?"

I sighed, "Do you promise not to tell anyone? I want to be the one to do that if I decide to."

"Cross my heart." Seamus said.

I smiled at how much he cared, "Well.. you know how my parents are famous aurors?"

He nodded.

"Well, I've always felt that... that I have to.. live up to it." I admitted, "Because, some people treat me different because my parents did something great. But, I want them to know me for the things I've done. Not the things my parents have." 

I was looking down at my hands, nervously picking at my nails.

"Well, I like you for you. Not for who your parents are." he said, "How you're helpful, and nice, and accepting. So does, Fred,and George, and Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Luna."

"Thanks. But it's not like that for everyone else."

"Well, then everyone else doesn't matter. If they don't like you because they know you for who you are, then they're missing out."

And at that moment, I felt a bit more at peace. It wasn't completely gone, but it helped.

I smiled. It was a small smile, but Seamus didn't seam to care because he smiled back.

"And I'm sick of people thinking I'm perfect." I said, "There's no such thing."

He laughed a bit.

"I like the fact that you have flaws. Like everyone else, it makes you who you are."

Why the heck does my heart feel like it'll leap out of my chest.