The lesson continued somewhat smoothly, Ms Venable didn't ask me any questions thankfully. Though I was mostly lost in my thoughts, because that dream was running through my brain over and over. The way she'd backed up against a desk, leaned over me, practically being intoxicated by her perfume. Then I was pulled out of my trance by a voice behind my shoulder, causing me to jump.

"Are you paying attention Ms (Y/L/N)?"

Of course. How many times had this happened? Me being so caught up in a daydream and Ms Venable being the one to snap me back out, and a detention being put in place in consequence.

"Yes Ms Venable.." I cleared my throat and spoke as calmly as possible, knowing by now that manners mattered very much to this woman.

"Good. So would you care to tell me what the underlying theme of the myth is?" Her nose was almost touching my neck because of how close she was leaning over me. Glancing up, I noticed that everyone was getting on with their work, so no one was seeing this situation, not even Valentina.

"Uh.. not to open boxes?" It took a lot in me not to blush in embarrassment when she let out a cold chuckle.

"No." Ms Venable stated. It was clear that she wasn't leaving until she got the answer she wanted. So I thought hard, what was the theme? Suddenly it hit me, but boy did I wish it hadn't. But I had to say it, as uncomfortable as it made me feel.

"Tell me, now." Ms Venable hissed, growing impatient. Her hand now lay on my shoulder, and suddenly I felt a bolt of electricity shoot from that very area, down my body and to my lower stomach. I swallowed nervously, having to cross my legs because a strange ache had grown between them, one that I hadn't felt before.

"T-temptation.." I whispered, my gaze focusing on the floor as I blushed.

"I didn't quite hear you, repeat yourself properly Ms (Y/L/N)." Her hot breath on my neck made me shiver slightly. We made eye contact and I made sure to speak somewhat more audibly. "The theme, it's.. temptation, Ms Venable." She nodded in satisfaction, a smirk evident on her lips.

"Exactly." And with that, Ms Venable straightened up, making her way back to her desk. I blinked a few times, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. Though one thing was for certain, the effect that woman had on me was getting bigger. And somehow I didn't think it was for the better.

Time passed quickly, and soon the sound of the bell was heard. The whole class looked up at Ms Venable, waiting for her dismissal, because it was common knowledge that the bell meant nothing in her class. You leave when you're told to leave.

"Hm.. here's a few quick questions before your day ends.. Ms Greene, who is the author of Oliver?"

I raised my eyebrows at the questions, they were way too easy for a class like this. She picked on each person, giving them all easy questions that they predictably all got right, until there was just two people left, me and a random girl.

"Ms Byers, who wrote The Tempest?" Of course the girl answered correctly, so she left quickly, leaving just me and my teacher in the room.

The silence was deafening, Ms Venable's stare boring into me. Where was my question? Where was my ticket out of this classroom?

"I have to say, it amazes me that still after all the detentions you've had with me, you still manage to daydream. It's a problem, don't you think?" She walked towards me slowly from the top of the classroom, her cane finally breaking through the quiet.

"I-I guess." I mumbled, looking down to my feet. Suddenly I felt a hand grab my cheeks, forcing me to look up and meet those deep and dark eyes.

"Well I won't be putting up with it. Your work today was awful, so I'm afraid you'll be sitting here, studying, until I see you've done a sufficient amount of work.