Chapter 23: The Duet.

Previously...

Will Barry and Kara overcome the new obstacles in their relationship?

It has been a few weeks since the Invasion, and Barry and Kara hadn't been able to see each other. It's like the multiverse is trying to keep them apart. They had to deal with aliens and meta-humans attacking their cities. It was nonstop. Then they both dropped to their couchs and turned on their TV's. They were both watching musicals because they both love musicals.

Then suddenly, Kara got a call from the DEO. When she got there J'onn said "Alright, listen up everyone! Today, a prisoner is being transferred into our cells. I know we don't normally do this but it's something we just have to. Come on". The prisoner was being walked into his cell. "Hello Supergirl. I am the Music Meister. Let's see what we can do" he said. He used some sort of hypnosis to pit Kara under a trance, the she collapsed. "Supergirl!" J'onn shouted. "Now, let's go see the fastest man alive" he said. Then he disappeared. Supergirl was laying on the floor, unconscious.

Back on Earth 1, Barry was sitting on his couch, watching a musical, when a call from Caitlin. When he heard what she said, he rushed to Star Labs. Caitlin was in the basement with Wells and Ronnie when a portal was opening. And out came J'onn holding an unconscious Kara. "Kara?" Barry asked. "She needs your help" J'onn said. Kara was on a bed, hooked up to a heart monitor. "What happened?" Caitlin asked. "We were transferring a prisoner to a cell then he used something put Kara like this. Then he said 'let's go see the fastest man alive'" J'onn said. Barry was standing over her body, stewing, growing in anger. "Well, we've haven't seen anyone looking for Barry lately" Ronnie said.

Then someone appeared. "Hello, I am the Mudic Meister" he said. "That's him!" J'onn shouted. Barry quickly slammed him against the wall and exclaimed "What have you done to Kara? Tell me!". But he wouldn't answer. All he did was smile. Barry put him into the meta prison. "Will she wake up?" Barry asked. "I don't know. I guess the only person who knows, is him" replied Caitlin. "Where's Wally, Jesse and Stein?" Barry asked. "Stein's at home and Wally taken my daughter on a date" Wells answered. Wells said that with a bit of anger in his voice. Then Barry had just about enough of waiting. He wanted answers. He went to the prison and talked to Music Meister.

"Now, I'm getting a little bit pissed off. Now tell me what did you do to Kara!" Barry demanded. "Why tell you, when I can take you there" he said. He used his hypnotic powers he used on Kara on Barry. Barry dropped to the floor, unconscious. He suddenly found himself wearing a stylish black suit and was in a singing lounge. Like something out the 50s. He was confused. Didn't know what to do. He then a someone singing. Someone with a beautiful voice. He saw the person singing and said "Kara?".

When Kara finished singing, they went to meet backstage. "Barry! Oh thank rao, you're okay!" Kara exclaimed. "You too. Where are we?" Barry asked. "I don't know but, you look nice" she said. "Thanks. You look... stunning" he said. Kara blushed at Barry's compliment. Then someone came backstage with a gun. Someone who looked familiarly like Martin Stein. "Okay people. Move it" he ordered. Barry and Kara were taken to a car and it drove off.

While they were in the car, they were having a conversation.

"So, how's National City?" Barry asked. "It's been fine. I've just been so busy cause there are so many aliens and people damaging the city, I haven't had time to come see you. Sorry" Kara said. "No, don't be. Central's been busy aswell, so I haven't had time either" he said. They both laughed a little bit. "So, if we survive this, how about that date?" Barry asked. "I'd love that" she said. Then the car stopped. The door opened and the Stein lookalike said "Out". Barry and Kara exited the car and entered another singing lounge. There they met a lookalike of Malcolm Merlyn. "Malcolm?" Barry asked. "Who's Malcolm?" Kara asked. "Malcolm Merlyn. The Leader of Assassins" he said. "I'm not Malcolm. I'm Cutter Moran. Now blonde, get changed" he said. "Hey, don't call her 'blonde'. Her names Kara" Barry said, then Cutter pulled out a small blade. "Do you know how I got the name Cutter? I cut my cousins throat when he argued. Now, go" he said. Kara smiled when Barry tried to defend her. "Hey, I don't have my powers. Do you?" Barry asked. "No" she replied.

They went backstage to change, when they saw a Winn Schott lookalike. "Winn?" Kara asked. "Winn? I'm Grayson. And Mr Moran told me that you have another song in your reputuar" he said. "This sounds like a musical, and we have to finish it" Kara said. "Yeah" Barry agreed. "Um, do you know another song?" Kara asked. "In fact, I've been working on something all day" Grayson replied.

Once Barry and Kara finished singing, Barry pulled Kara in for a kiss, and everyone applauded. "Wow. That was nice. And you look gorgeous" Barry said. Kara kissed Barry after hearing him say that. They went backstage to celebrate their new hit song: Super Friend.

But on the street outside, a gang war was happening. "So, how do you think we're going to get out of here?" Barry asked. "I have no idea, but I'm glad I'm here with you" she said. Then they heard gunshots outside. "What's that?" Barry asked. "Let's see" Kara replied. Barry went outside and got shot in crossfire. "Barry!" Kara shouted, as she got shot in the crossfire too. They both dropped to the floor, both shot in the heart.

They were gasping for air, and back in reality, their heart rates rapidly increased. Barry was using the last of his strength to crawl to Kara. He hugged her tightly. Tears were dropping down their faces. "Hey Kara, before I go, I just wanted to say... I love you" he said. "I... I love you too, Barry" Kara said. Barry and Kara kissed and then, there was a sudden light.

They finally woke up, in Star Labs, back in reality. Barry and Kara slowly woke up, feeling groggy. "Uh, what happened?" Kara asked. "I don't know" Barry said. Barry and Kara looked at each other and saw they were holding each others hand. They smiled. "Oh my God, guys! Your okay!" Caitlin exclaimed. J'onn, Wells, Caitlin and Ronnie were hugging each other with their friends back. "So, what happened?" Caitlin asked. Then the Music Meister appeared. "So, you guys have reached a new level in your relationship. Congrats. Now, I'm off. See ya" he said. He just, suddenly disappeared.

Barry and Kara explained what happened to them to everyone. "Barry? Singing? Man, Wally had missed this" Ronnie said. "Me? You should hear Kara singing. Her voice is beautiful" Barry said. "Thanks" she said. "Come on, J'onn. Let's go" she said. Kara opened a portal, but before she went through, J'onn said "Hey Kara, why don't you stay here for a bit. After all, you deserve it". "What about National City?" Kara asked. "Don't worry, National can survive without Supergirl for a few days" J'onn said. "Thanks, J'onn" Kara said. J'onn went back to Earth 38, leaving Kara and Barry together for the first time.

Barry took Kara to his apartment. "So, what do you want to do?" he asked. "This" she said. Kara jumped onto Barry and kissed him. Barry put Kara against the wall and were still kissing. Barry used his speed to go into his bedroom. Kara ripped off Barry's shirt and placed him onto the bed. Kara was top of Barry and... they kissed. Kara took off Barry's pants and she stripped. Then they had sex.

A few months later...

What happened a few months later? Will Barry and Kara's relationship be intact?

To be continued...