ׂׂૢ three

ೃ⁀➷ Surprise

"Miss me?"

Hearing that from him made me wanna puke. This guy seriously has confidence taller than the Tokyo tower.

Kouga is a close friend of mine. Welp, he's the only friend I got after all. We've known each other since childhood because both of our parents are good friends.

I shrugged my thoughts off and focus on him, "Wow, you're back?"

"Obviously. I bought you a gift but it seems like you're not happy seeing me at all. I guess I should just leav—"

"Cut the crap." I spat. "I didn't even know you're still alive." I joked as I sat on the couch opposite to where he is sitting.

"Stop. Your jokes aren't even funny at all." he retorted, throwing me a paper bag which I luckily caught. "I thought of giving this to you with a smile but you ruined it so just shove it in your mouth or whatever."

I laughed it off and took the bag. I was about to reply when mom faked a cough to get our attention, automatically making me shut up.

I could still hear him silently laughing which makes me want to kick him off the couch.

"Mika, you'll be marrying Kouga before this month ends."

What mom said made me choke on my saliva as shock took over me. Kouga immediately grabs the water bottle on the small table beside him and removed the cap before handing it to me. I wasted no time and chugged on the water, calming myself soon after.

"Sorry but, could you please repeat that?" I asked, hoping that I heard it wrong.

And mom indeed repeated it. This time a lot clearer than earlier.

I don't know what to say nor what to do. What's up with people these days suddenly asking for marriage?

And now that I thought about it... it's still awkward no matter how close we are.

"I-Isn't it a bit too early?" I managed to ask, nervously laughing.

"The marriage was planned since you two were young." Mom answered, not looking bothered about it at all.

Seriously? Did they plan our future without considering our feelings? What does she expect me to say? 'Yes mom I'll marry my best friend because you said so' that's fucked up.

I stood up from my seat and excused myself, walking straight to my room. I can hear Kouga calling for me but I ignored it and lock myself inside.

Marrying him and marrying Gojo are two different things. In my case with Gojo, I know his so-called marriage will never happen at all, might as well call it impossible. But this one with Kouga... I'm sure this marriage of us will continue no matter how hard I try to refuse.

A knock on my door brought me back to my senses, "Can I?" I didn't answer despite hearing Kouga from outside. "I'll go inside. It's not like you're in your undies, right?" he joked, trying to brighten up the mood.

"You should probably come in before I lock it" I answered. He then opened the door and closed it behind him. He walks straight to my bed and sat just beside me.

Silence took over us until I break the ice, "Do you know anything about the marriage?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a few seconds, looking down on before answering, "Yeah..."

I closed my eyes and frustratingly sighed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't wanna shock you with the news."