ׂׂૢ seven

⁀➷ Desolation

THIRD PERSON

"How are they?" Gojo asked Ijichi — a trusted assistant — through the phone. Mr. and Mrs. Murakami are already in the hands of Shoko Ieiri after receiving treatment from him. Only Mika's mom was conscious when the two arrived, Gojo tried reviving Mika's father but he was long gone even before the two of them came.

"Ieiri-san managed to keep the lady stable after treating her, however, she's still hasn't regained consciousness. She's also taking several medications and is currently resting at the hospital where she was moved." Ijichi explained, making me Gojo nod as he keeps the information.

"And her husband?"

"Her husband.." Gojo can already tell how nervous Ijichi is just by hearing his shaky breaths, this gave him a clue of what has truly happened. "H-He... he didn't survived. He was already d-dead when Ieiri-san checked on him."

A complete silence took over Gojo's line, making Ijichi 10x nervous than he already is. Anyone can tell how the atmosphere changed after the mention of the man's awful death.

"I see." was Gojo's response after a moment of silence. "Ijichi,"

"Y-Yes-?"

"Look after the lady. Take care of her for me."

"Y-Yes!"

"I have to take care of something more important. I'll just leave things to you, you know what to explain to the President right?"

"H-Huh? But— W-Wait—!"

Gojo ended the call before Ijichi could even finish what he was about to say. He let out a sigh before slumping down the chair, stretching his long legs straight on the floor and letting his head fall back as he stares at the ceiling above him.

"How should I tell her about it..." he whispered to himself, obviously worrying about how Mika would possibly react.

"Calm down, I'm here, hmm? Just calm down for me, you'll have trouble breathing if you keep crying like that." Gojo said as he tried to calm Mika down. She's already in his arms, bawling on his chest as she cries her tears out.

"M-Mom was c-con-conscious, Satoru. Sh-She was conscious a-all along."

"Yeah uhh— isn't that good? That just means she's alive and—"

"Y-Yeah and that just means she can f-feel every bit of pain you dumbass!" she yelled, crying even more as the scene came flashing in her mind. "She was... S-She was in p-pain.. in s-so much... pain."

He doesn't know what to say nor if should even say anything, so he just looked at her with sorry eyes as she cries on his chest, all while holding her close and making her feel safe in his arms.

Gojo frustratingly ruffled his hair and took his glasses off after remembering what happened. He stood up from his seat and made his way to the bedroom where Mika's currently sleeping.

He knocked on the door before slowly opening it, not making any sound to keep her asleep. He then walks to the bed and sat beside her. His lips parted as he saw her oh so beautiful face, looking peaceful as ever.

"I entered here like a ninja 'cause I might wake you up, yet you're not even sleeping." he said, trying to make the atmosphere light by slipping simple jokes on what he says. "How are you feeling?"

He failed to get any answers from her, she still have her back against him with her eyes closed.

"I'm... I'm sorry about what happened." he whispered, looking down the carpeted floor.