"At least, tell me. Was I such a bad lover?" He asked, almost inaudible.

I had to let out a little laugh. It was the most absurd question.

"Charles, you were exquisite," I smiled.

He also let out a little, bitter laugh.

"You will kill me, Clara," he sighed. I grimaced, since I couldn't say anything to that.

He looked at me once again, then simply turned and walked out of the Red Bull Hospitality.

I was so sunk in my thoughts that I walked straight into Toto Wolff in the parking lot. He was alone, and I was not sure I wanted to know what he was doing. I always admired but feared the guy, and now as he suddenly stood in front of me being like 3 heads taller than me, wearing all black, I felt my fear justified.

The Mercedes team principal blinked at me with a curious look.

"My god, I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Be careful," he started, his voice was slightly threatening. I gulped. "This late any team can just steal such a talented young doctor." The corner of his mouth finally curved a degree upwards while speaking.

My heart skipped a beat when I realised he even might know who I was. I think I looked so shocked, he laughed out.

"Dr. Horner, don't look so shocked. Someone who is capable of saving lives, can't get frightened of a grumpy tall man with a funny accent."

I gulped.

Sometimes, I don't know where I find my courage.

"I'm not shocked, Mr. Wolff. I'm just surprised you are not at your team's victory party. It's a unique opportunity."

He blinked at me a couple times before answering.

"We are the ones who work late while the others are partying, right?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

"Right," I nodded.

"Well, then have a nice evening, Clara," he smiled at me again, and began to continue his way to his car.

Are we on first name base now? Let's be it then. I said I'm not shocked, right?

"Same for you, Toto," I answered and began to walk in the other direction when I heard him again.

"You know, if Red Bull becomes too much of a ... family place, I'd be flattered if you gave me a call."

I had my breath trapped inside me for a second, but again, somehow managed to snort while finally breathing out and I left him without really responding to his request.

"I am so fucked up," Max sighed, laying on the couch.

It was just the two of us and a significant amount of takeaway food half eaten on the table. He decided to stay in his hotel room and not attend the after race party. He messaged me while I was preparing to join them in the club and asked if I want to join him. I immediately said yes, and tossed away my mascara. Later I let Daniel know that it is totally okay by me whether he stays out or joins.

"I think I got a job offer from Toto Wolff an hour ago," I said simply.

"Don't shit with me," Max frowned.

Since I didn't answer, he accepted it actually happened.

"No. You can't," he got halfway up, looking at me. "Don't. That is literally the dark side, Clara. It is tempting, but it is just wrong," he explained. I couldn't stop a grin.