26. Another love

Hello! It's the weekend, right?
Then it means new chapter! 😏
Well, I am sorry in advance. Some may say I'm an awfully bad person. 🤫 and maybe they are right. 💁‍♀️

Next, the French GP was coming up. It was not anyone's favourite race - ok, maybe except the Renault team and Grosjean - because it usually turned out to be extra boring.

Luckily we had two weeks beforehand. It meant we flew back to England and Charles also needed to head back to Monaco, and to Italy. To be honest, I was a little happy about that part, I thought I might get a chance to think things through and feel free a bit from the constant media attention that accompanied us when we were together.

I took the team's flight back to London, and during the entire time I was watching movies with Max - which I was eternally grateful for. His cheeky jokes and ironic remarks made me forget to be nostalgic about my last flight - not even a full week ago during which I basically spent 8 hours giggling with Daniel.

The Australian now was sitting further away with Michael, and was sleeping for what seemed like hours.

I felt guilty after each time I peeked to the direction of them - which was a lot.

But I couldn't help to think about him. Because, well... I just couldn't understand his motivations towards me.

Since we met, he was always nice and even sometimes flirty with me so I began to think it wasn't such a dumb idea that he likes spending time together. My mind was full of the occasions where I forgot how to breath in his presence - when I was giving him sutures, when we climbed in to a parc at night, when he hugged me at the volleyball match, when we ran together and of course when we danced and he said I was beautiful.

But then if so, why would he hook up with the first random girl he finds at a shitty party?

Plus since he found out about me and Charles he avoided me as much as he could. He was desperate to look away every time our gazes accidentally met. And he escaped every time we happened to end up in the same room - which was almost never, he minimised his the team appearances. He started to train three times a day at least used that excuse to not be present.

Our last conversation was when he basically sent me into Charles's arms and that reminded me of my own actions in Monaco so much I got goosebumps every time it flashed back to my memory.

"I am worried about him," Vicki mentioned one morning when we were sitting in the cafeteria, having breakfast with Aurelie. The other PR officer nodded with the same concerning look.

"Yeah, me too," she sighed. "I'm not sure what's wrong but he postponed all his media obligations for the week. So I feel I have nothing to do."

I put down my coffee and peeked to the direction of Daniel, Michael and Simon sitting at the next table, watching some papers spread out in front of them. Daniel looked tired as he held his head with one hand, thinking hard, frowning. He still got his breakfast next to him on the table, untouched. The next second he tilted his head to the side and looked at me.

My heart dubbed hard in my chest as I gasped. And like a vision disappearing, the next second his sad, brown eyes were back again on the data sheet.

Unlike Aurelie, luckily I found enough work to keep myself busy. I guess if you get used to work for twenty-four hours a day in a city hospital then normal 8 hour long work days pass by quickly.

I spent most of my hours in the medical office, occasionally had lunch with Max or Vicki if they were in the factory as well.

On Friday I was just finishing up for the day when my phone rang. I saw it was Greta, my sister.