35. It's on us

Hi there. You can find the next chapter below. I really hope you like it! It's a bit different than my previous ones, haha. 😉 still, I can't guarantee anything on the next chapter - there might be a hiatus or not, since I can't stand still if it comes to writing 😅
Anyway. Enjoy.

Daniel and Max took me home, and the young Dutch insisted on guarding me in the next few days.

He went out shopping, filled my fridge and even ordered some thai food which felt incredibly nice after the uncounted hospital meals. I felt much better and stronger and I was afraid he was bored while taking care of me. I even agreed to play COD with him, just to make him laugh at how riddicculously bad I was.

"Don't you want to spend this week in Monaco? You hate it here in England," I asked him after we finished.

"No," he shrugged. "I mean Vicki's wedding is this weekend, I'd travel back for that anyway."

I smiled as I shuffled his hair, and nodded. He was truly a great friend.

On the day of the wedding, Max drove in a different car, a little later as he needed to pick up his clothes before going down south.

I didn't mind - as much as I loved him, I enjoyed driving on the picturesque countryside of England alone.

I just left Bournemouth when I saw a beautiful grey Infinity car getting behind me.

Is this not...?

Yes, he is.

I smiled at Daniel in the rear-view mirror. He was revving the engine loudly with a bright smile on his face.

I squeezed the wheel a bit tighter and averted my eyes back to the road. I only stole a few glances, but knew it wasn't the time to flirt.

For a few minutes he followed me patiently then I saw he was calling me. I put him on speaker.

"Hello Clara," he was grinning. I felt it without looking back at the mirror. I smirked.

"Daniel," I greeted him.

"So Max finally decided to let you drive up here alone?" He asked, looking amazed, just with a slight edge in his words. I rolled my eyes.

Somehow it felt like Daniel's distance in the last couple of days was in connection with Max basically living with me. I grimaced.

He had to know by this time that I was head over for him.

"I don't feel alone," I smirked once more, looking at the mirror. Then I faked a panicked voice. "Listen, I think some creep is following me."

He giggled, and at a straight he decided to take over.

"Nice move," I scoffed ironically. "I'm lacking like 150 mph..."

I heard him laugh.

"Meet me at the castle," he said and hung up as he accelerated.

First I had no idea what castle was he talking about, but after 15 minutes and a wide turn my eyes were caught upon the old ruins on the top of the hill. I saw Daniel's Infinity parking at the bottom.

I glanced on the GPS map and saw we basically arrived, the cottage was 5 minutes from there. I took the turn and stopped my car next to Daniel's. He was standing there, leaning to the front of his car. I walked to him.

"Hello," I greeted the Australian again, although it felt we already met on the road.

He smiled back.