twenty - two | murphy's revenge

"You fucking asshole!"

Astrid seethes as she glares at a smirking Murphy. After he knocked Jasper out, he made sure to tie Astrid's hands really tight to a metal pole so she couldn't escape. "I trusted you."

"Yeah well, you shouldn't have." Murphy lazily grins, a hint of guilt behind it. He didn't want Astrid in the middle of all of this. But it didn't matter anymore. Only revenge mattered.

"Murphy! If you even touch Astrid or Jasper I swear to God I'll kill you!" Octavia's voice is heard through the radio in Murphy's hand.

Murphy scoffs, amused, as he looks as Jasper who was now waking up. "She couldn't kill a bug." he mutters as Jasper finally wakes up and looks around panicked.

"You underestimate her." Astrid snaps. "She could squash you like a bug."

Murphy almost stars laughing until Bellamy's voice is heard. "Murphy, I know you can hear me. All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen."

Murphy sighs, annoyed. "Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now."

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt Jasper or Astrid. You want to hurt me. So what do you say? How about you trade them for me?" Bellamy tried to reason.

"No!" Astrid yells, knowing he could hear her.

Murphy smirks as Bellamy continues talking. "All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take his place."

"How?" Murphy asks intrigued after he put a rag in Astrid's mouth because she was yelling at Bellamy.

"Simple. You open the door, I walk in, they walk out." Bellamy responds.

Murphy sighs as he goes and unties Jasper from a pole, taking his upper arm.

Astrid tries yelling as tears make their way down her face. She can't do anything but watch as Murphy opens the door and throws Jasper out. And then Bellamy comes in, unarmed.

The first thing Bellamy sees is a crying Astrid in a corner, tied to a pole with a gag in her mouth and his heart drops. No, not her. "The deal was both of them." Bellamy snaps angrily as Murphy closed the drop ship door.

"The deal changed." Murphy pauses. "Now, you're gonna do what I say."

Bellamy doesn't move, his eyes still glued to Astrid's form. He tries telling her it'll be okay, that they're going to be fine, but he could never lie to her.

Suddenly, Murphy shoots towards the roof of the drop ship, making both Astrid and Bellamy flinch.

"Bellamy, Bellamy! Are you and Astrid okay?" Octavia asks over the radio, frantic.

"Want her to know you're alive? Start tying." Murphy says as he motions to some rope.

"Bellamy! Do you copy?"

"I'm fine. We're fine. Just a misfire. Now stop worrying about us and get back to work, all of you..." he pauses. "And tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Astrid sighs relieved, knowing that meant they had a plan. Hopefully a good one.

"All right, that's long enough. Tie those two ends together." Murphy motions to the rooe hanging from the roof as Astrid cries again. "All right. Now get up and toss it over."

"What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm..." he stops as Murhoy shoves the gun in his face. "I'm sorry."

"You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... Then I want you to die." Murphy smirks as he looks at Astrid. "But first I'm going to make you suffer a little."

"What?" Bellamy asks, panicked as he sees where Murphy was looking. Not her, God, not her.

Murphy shoves Bellamy towards a pole and gets some more rope, tying his hands together. "What are you doing, Murphy!?" Bellamy struggles, but not hard enough, knowing Murphy had a gun.

"Making you suffer." Murphy grins as he walks towards a scared Astrid. The second he takes the gag from her mouth, Astrid spits in his face.

"You disgust me." she seethes.

Murphy chuckles, wiping her spit with his sleeve. "Don't care." he shrugs as he unties Astrid from the pole but doesn't untie her hands. He ignores Bellamy yelling as he drags Astrid under the rope. No.

"What are you doing?! She's your friend!" Bellamy yells, trying not to cry.

Murphy shrugs. "Revenge is more important." he winks at a shaking Astrid. "You know that best, dear Astrid."

"Kill me! Kill me, not her!" Bellamy begs but nothing. His wrists ache from how hard he's pulling at the rope but he can't break it.

He can do nothing but watch as Murphy puts a gun to Astrid's head and forces her to stand on a stool under the rope. Murphy smirks as he puts the rope over her head. Over his friend's head.

"You think you're so brave, huh Bellamy? I mean you came in here, thinking you can turn this around, kill me. Well what are you going to do now?" Murphy taunts. "You're going to watch your girlfriend here die, then you're going to join her."

"No!" Bellamy screams as Murphy finally pushed the stool from under Astrid.

Not her, not his Astrid.

AUTHORS NOTE
god ive hurt Astrid so much in this book lmao. sorry for the late update BUT thank you for 25k reads! i love you all so much

 sorry for the late update BUT thank you for 25k reads! i love you all so much