Dametrious Perspective: Closer

It's been a weeks since we had that talk. A couple of weeks of stolen glances, late night texts, and hidden smiles. I still dont understand what happened that day that we talked. With her being mad at me and the possibility of not seeing her again.. It twisted my insides. The feelings that I have never felt before and that possessiveness. What.. What is happening to me? I laid in bed, staring at my ceiling. I'm no closer to figuring out what exactly she can do and who else has the "abilities". A part of me.. a very small part isn't sure that I want to find out. My brother has been relentless with his visits. With each visit he leaves me with a reminder of my goal.. I dont know what to do. I hid my face in my hand as I shut my eyes. What is she doing to me?

I heard my phone buzz on the bed. I'm finally learning how to use this thing. It's simple enough.. It might bode useful to have something like this in the demon realm. I laughed to myself as I reached over and looked at it. The light shined bright in my eyes making me squint. Eliana: I cant sleep. Are you awake?  My response: Yeah. Having trouble too. Eliana: Can I come over? My heart stopped. Come over? This late? I looked at the time. 3 a.m.. The devils hour. Eliana: If it's too much to ask, it's fine. I wont lie.. I do want her here. My response: Come by. My dorm is 35 B, floor 2. I breathed.. We hadn't spent much time together, other than class.. I fidgeted with the sheet for a moment.. why am I nervous? What if she decides that she doesnt want to see me anymore? That say yes was a mistake. I rubbed my temples and took a breath. Get up, put clothes on, and get out of your mind. I laughed silently as I moved off my bed. I quickly put on pants then walked out of the dark room. I turned on the light in the living room then sat on the barstool.

I heard a knock moments later. I rubbed my neck with my right and walked over to open the door. As I gripped the doorknob my muscles tightened and my heartbeat increased. CALM DOWN. I soundlessly chastised myself. She is just a pathetic human girl. Another knock. I cant stop my hand from shaking. I turned the knob. Eliana smiled as she shifted her weight to her left side then said, "For a second there, I didnt think you'd open the door." I gave her a sheepish grin and invited her inside. She scanned the room, "You still haven't decorated your unit yet?" I shrugged then said, "I'm not sure how long I'll be staying." She opened her mouth about to speak then quickly closed it. I tilted my head slightly while observing her. She genuinely looked saddened when hearing this, "Is there something wrong with what I said?" She quickly shook her head and rubbed her face, "No.. I guess not. I just assumed you'd be staying for a while." I reached for her hand and gave it a small squeeze then said, "Well as of right now, I'm here. Let's enjoy each others company while we can." She looked down and weak smile then squeezed my hand in return. I cleared my through and asked, "So what's the matter? Not that I mind that you came over.. It just seems a bit out of the blue for you." She sighed deeply then asked, "May I sit down?" My eyebrows raised as I invited her to sit on the couch, "Of course you can sit." I quickly sat down then patted the seat next to me. She sat down close to me. Too close. Our thighs were touching. I felt my pulse quicken. I licked my lips then looked away. She rested her head against me. I could feel her breath tickle my shoulder as she wrapped her arm around mine. I grinned as I moved my arm to wrap around her. Her voice was a soft whisper, "I hate the night.. I hate sleeping." I tried to look confused but I think I know the reason why.. I couldnt help but ask, "Why?" Eliana looked at me through her long eyelashes with tears forming in her eyes, "You wouldn't understand." This is it. Shes going to let me in. Let me know about her ability.. I feel myself inching toward my purpose. My mission. But.. a part of me wishes that she wouldn't tell me. A part of me wishes that I can keep her safe. Yet.. that's not my intent. That is not my mission. I cant let feelings or whatever this is impede that. I looked away out towards a window then in a hushed voice said, "Trust me. Whatever it is.. you can trust me."