4 | Buttering Him Up

Start from the beginning

He keeps a straight face as he lifts one of his brows, nodding his head towards the butter knife that I had firmly gripped in my sweaty hand.

"I was shaving-"

"She ate all the cupcakes," Rocco interrupts as he glares at me, stepping next to Marco.

"That wasn't me." I'm such a smooth liar, nobody suspects a thing.

Marco smirked at my response, following it with the shake of his head when Rocco walked away, bad words in Italian spewing from him.

"Have you been given any toiletries to wash up?"

The softness his deep voice held made my timid demeanor reappear, making me bite the inside of my cheek as I redirected my eyes towards my sock clad feet.

"Love?"

I kept my head down and shook my head no. The fear that his gentleness evoked is something that happens quite often.

I'm not used to kind people that treat me with a soft hand. I believe that I have reason to be weary of him, for his kind act could all be a facade. If that's the case, I don't want to end up disappointed in the end, so it's best that I prepare myself in advance and avoid attaching myself to him.

"Let's get you cleaned up and then get you whatever you need, yeah?"

A smile attacked my face, appreciating how kind he was being to me. Even if it isn't genuine, I still appreciate it. "Yeah," I affirmed.

When I locked eyes with him, I found mine widening  at the sight of him holding the butter knife that was in my hand merely moments ago.

Is he a magician? How on earth did he do that?

"You stole the knife from me, mister, hand it over."

"I'm afraid that I don't trust you with this, my apologies, miss."

✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*

Curiously, I watched the lively city from my seat. The tinted window of Lorenzo's SUV didn't allow me to fully see the vibrant colors that the outside world held; the thought bothered me but when I tried to put my window down, the driver put it back up.

I had yet to know the drivers name since he wouldn't respond to me, something about not knowing whether or not he was allowed.

"Mister Driver, I just wanna smell the toxic fumes of the city, I promise I won't jump out if you open the window."

Marco let out a chuckle beside me, continuing to type away on his phone. "Parla con lei o non starà zitta."

Talk to her or she won't shut up

The driver let out a laugh before finally responding to me. "My apologies miss..."

"Catalina Adilene Cadieux!" My government name accidentally spilled out, I was too excited of the fact that he finally talked to me to even care. If he wants to steal my identity and frame me for murder then he has all he needs. I think he'd also need my social security number but if he asked kindly enough then i'd give it to him.