4 | Buttering Him Up

Start from the beginning

By the time I finished saying my prayer, I found myself already in the kitchen. My hand inched towards the drawer with all the cutlery and I scanned the organized, shiny silverware for a butter knife.

A pretty butter knife with fancy designs wrapped around the body caught my eye, causing me to whisper out a compliment.

Gently, I picked up the knife and hid it behind my back as I tip toed through the kitchen. The living room soon came into view, allowing me to see the door that led to my freedom.

Mustering up all the courage I had stored inside of me, I hurriedly walked towards the door, muttering: "I'm not here, i'm not here" over and over again.

As I approached the door, my brows furrowed at the sight of there not being a door handle.

What in the rich?

Do I have to use an excessive amount of brain power to open this?

"Open sesame?" I questioned the door, wondering if it could hear me.

When that didn't work, I huffed in my spot, not appreciating the lack of cooperation from the door.

"Listen, I just need to get on the other side. If you could be so kind as to let me through, I won't speak a word of this to your boss-"

My eyes perked up when I saw a shiny black device beside the door. It looked mean just sitting there stuck to the wall, like it was mocking me for not having noticed it earlier.

Still afraid that i'd get caught any second, I checked behind me to make sure that I wasn't being watched.

Just as my finger was about to tap the blacked out screen, the front door that I was standing right in front of, opened.

I bit my lip to contain a gasp, my eyes wide and body glued to its spot.

Standing there, I hesitated before saying a word. Eyeing Lorenzo's tall, muscular figure up and down, I asses the best way to approach him.

He looks rather... bored; his lips plump and free from any tension holding them to a certain expression. His eyes, however, contrasted in a way that changed his entire face. There was a daring gleam in them, as if he was taunting me.

Stepping inside and making sure not to touch me, he ignores my presence and allows the guard behind him to shut the door, closing my gate to freedom.

"Hi! Do you think you can let me go back home now? I can pay you back with," I checked the pockets of the leather jacket I was wearing, the one that belonged to Nix, "Two dollars and half a piece of gum."

When I looked back up from my hand that contained the price I was willing to pay for my freedom, I saw that nobody was in the main entrance of the apartment anymore, leaving me alone.

Why is everyone always leaving me.

Sniffling, I say some not so nice things to myself so that I don't end up a crying b-word.

"I'm supposed to take you shopping for whatever it is you may need," a deep voice speaks, making me jump in my spot.

"Marco, hi!" I smiled at him, "How are you?"