Prologue: The First Encounter

Wade's POV

I'm Wade Flynn. I'm 8 years old. I don't have so many friends, so I also don't have much to tell you about myself. Let's say my life is boring.

I don't want to stay in the house while they're unpacking things and cleaning so I decided to go out. 

So I walked around the neighborhood to checkout the subdivision since we just moved here.

It is already 5:00 in the afternoon and the sun is about to set.

I saw a bench under a big tree, so I decided to go there to sit while waiting for the sun to set.

I am already in the tree and I decided to sit, then there I saw a pile of books on the bench. 

I tried to check the books and all of them are fairytale books.

"Tsk, fairytale books are lame," I said while I put it back to its original position.

"No, they're not," someone shouted with a tiny sharp voice.

I got shocked for a second because I thought I was the only one here.

When I looked at the place where the voice came from, I saw a girl who is looking at me and she is holding a book. It turns out she was reading a book at the other side of the tree hidden from a plain sight.

She look about the same ages as me.

"Who are you?" that's the first thing that I asked her after I recover from being startled.

"Hi, I'm Cindy" she said while smiling at me.

"Ikaw?" 

"I-i'm Wade," I answered while blushing.

Shit, she looks like a princess.

She's on her way to my direction then she sit beside me.

"Hi Wade, bago ka lang ba dito? Parang ngayon pa lang kita nakita."

She said while looking at me.

I think I am so red right now because she is so cute while talking.

I mean, she really looks like a princess.

And to top it all, she is so friendly.

So I just looked to another direction to hide my red face and answered her. "Yes, we just moved here."

"I see. Welcome sa neighborhood namin." Then there, she smiled again.

"So, why do you like to read fairytale books? Don't you find in so lame? I mean, there is no such thing in real life. Fairytale books are teaching us to be delusional."

I asked her, to distract myself from looking her and also to remove her smile.

But I think it is a wrong move....

"Hmm, hmm, hmm," she is saying that while looking at me with her shaking head and with a cute expression.

"They're not. Fairytale books are giving us an inspiration, na kahit gaano ka cruel ang mundo minsan, makakahanap at makakahanap tayo ng paraan para magkaroon tayo ng happy  ending."

"And I believe with that," then she smiled again while looking at me.

"Look oh, sunset na!

I looked at the sunset and it seems so magical.

"Tapos na ang sunset, kailangan ko na umuwi." 

She is in a rushed, while she picks up her books from the bench.

"Uhm, can I see you again?"

I asked her shyly. I don't want to look like clingy so I tried to ask her that while looking cool.

"Oo naman, magkapit-bahay kaya tayo," she said that while she chuckles.

"Ah-" I was about to ask her address.

"Bye Wade, see you again!" 

After she said that, she already run away.

After I spaced out for about a minute, I realized that I need to also go home.

I was about to leave but I noticed a book under the bench.

I think she dropped it while rushing and did not noticed it.

I picked it up and read the title.

"Cinderella." I smiled.

I'll just return it to her tomorrow then.

The following day....

I'm so excited, so around 4:30 in the afternoon I already went to the tree and wait for Cindy.

The sun is about to set but Cindy is still not here.

I still waited for a few more minutes after the sunset. While trying to wait for her,

I read the book that she dropped since I also bring it to return it back to her.

And they lived happily ever after.

I already finished reading the book but Cindy did not came.

I tried waiting for her days after days but I never get to see her again after that day.

If in the story, Cinderella left her shoes when she ran away after the clock strikes at 12:00 midnight, my princess left me a fairytale book when she ran away after the sunset.

Will I be able so see her again just like in the lame fairytale books?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author's Note

Hello everyone!

This is my first ever published story. Please support and read my story. I can guarantee na kapag binasa nyo to, iiyak, tatawa, magugulat, maiinspire, at kikiligin kayo sa story na ito. 

Expect a not so heavy story kase I want to write a light story as possible to spread good vibes.

Also, feel free to comment sa every chapters, for me to know your thoughts. At gusto ko rin malaman kung ano ang mga ineexpect nyo sa story.

Thank you ulit sa pagbasa ng story ko. Lovelots! Peace! Muahhh :*