Chapter 1: Unexpected

1981. CIA Safehouse, East Berlin.

Park and Bell have successfully captured Anton Volkov, a Soviet asset working for Perseus. Park sighs in relief after the snatch-and-grab. "Bloody hell, it's been one hell of a day aye?" she says to Bell, offering a drink. "You bet." he says, accepting the drink. Park sits next to Bell, both of them now sitting on Bells bunk. "You alright?" Bell asks. Park sighs after taking a sip of her drink, "Honestly, I'm just glad we made it out alive.". Bell nods in agreement, "Same here". Park puts her drink on the table next to Bells bunk. She turns back to Bell, "We need to talk".

Bell freezes in the middle of his sip facing Park, who had a less than stern but more than sincere facial expression on. Bell puts his drink down, "About what?" he asks. His heart started racing, was it about how he talked to Adler about her? Maybe she overheard it? Maybe she caught on to his hints? Or more aptly, signs of admiration, so to speak. "I overheard the other day, you were talking with Adler." Park said, looking down at the floor. "A-And?" Bell said, swallowing the lump in his throat. "You were talking to him about me." Park said. "Maybe you... H-heard wrong?" he said, trying to deny it. "No, I heard just fine. You were talking about me, though I didn't hear exactly what it was you two were talking about." she said, locking her gaze on Bell. Bell scrambles for an answer, "Whatever you're thinking, it's nothing bad about you". Park scoffs, "Really? Then what is it?" she says.
Bell let's out a sigh before saying anything. "I don't want to ruin the friendship we've already built." he said. Park turns towards him with a sincere expression her face, "Hey, I just want you to be honest with me". Bell faces Park, "I like you." he said.