The Mythical Trio

Long ago, three beings were created. Their names are Steve, Alex, and Herobrine. Steve and Herobrine were near mirrors of each other, twins, except for their eyes: Steve's are blue while Herobrine's were bright white. Alex looked very different than the two of them, but was still treated like a sister. The reasons and methods by which they were created are unknown and will likely remain so. They were the first three players in existence. Flying, instantly placing and breaking blocks, even manipulating the laws of worlds are just a few of their abilities. The three of them traveled throughout the early updates of Minecraft, exploring new lands and mechanics.

One update, however, was a particularly rough one: Steve was fine, but Herobrine was weakened, and Alex was nearly killed. Despite the best efforts of the twins, she died a few days later. Both of them were distraught, and they locked themselves away in their small shelters. After many days of separation, Steve left his house to reconcile with his brother. What he found outside was a sight to behold: Herobrine was using his remaining power to bring Alex back from the dead. His hair grew streaks of gray and white, and once the spell was done, his eyes shifted from their harsh, snowy white to an electric blue. He had brought Alex back at the cost of some immortality. But Alex was back, although not in the way they expected. Her skin was a light, sickly teal, breaking at the seems and reeking of rotten flesh. Deep bags had grown under her eyes, and some bones were poking through her skin. At first, she was horrified by the sight of her zombified self, but came to accept her new look.

The trio traveled through several more updates after this event, exploring new terrain and developing new skills. Herobrine eventually decided to leave the others to go on a solo expedition to the Farlands. Steve and Alex were sad to see him go, but let him go on the journey. Steve and Alex went their separate ways not long afterwards, still keeping in touch with regular messages and visits. Steve went off to play some modded survival, while Alex went off to work on her building skills.

One day, Steve received a message from a man asking him to join a server. His immediate thoughts went to panic. The trio had become legends over the years as the tales of the first players. Not much was known about them, and many dismissed them as myths. But some players realized that they were real, and tried to seek their god-like power for personal gain. Steve had worried that the man had found out who he was. Against his better judgement, he decided to join the server under a fake name: Joe Hills. He quickly discovered that the man - GenerikB - had no idea who he was, and had simply heard of his interesting play style and thought he'd be a good addition to the server- Hermitcraft.

After the first season of the game, many of the members had decided to leave. With a man by the name of Xisumavoid now in charge and looking for new Hermits, Joe suggested the addition of Alex, now going by the name ZombieCleo. Xisuma was thrilled with the idea, and, after a quick background check, Cleo joined the server. By pure coincidence, Herobrine, now known as TinFoilChef, had also been asked to join for season two. He had changed quite a bit since he left Steve and Alex, but he was still recognizable if you knew what to look for. This lead to one particularly odd interaction when Joe and Cleo "first met" TFC... Luckily, it was brushed off and quickly forgotten. The three still get together sometimes to talk about the good old days, and nobody bats an eyelid. Three of the most cryptic people on the server having a chat; not out of the ordinary in the slightest.

So yeah, Steve, Alex, and Herobrine are on Hermitcraft.

-~-

Hope y'all like this! It's more of an overview than a full-blown story, but people on tumblr liked it, so I figured I'd post it here too!