Luke Does Care

"He is so beautiful, but I love in energy, so let me tell you of just how beautiful he feels

"He is so beautiful, but I love in energy, so let me tell you of just how beautiful he feels." -butterflies rising

The art of being invisible isn't so easy when you're not actually a ghost. While I would not wish to be dead like the boys, I sure would benefit from not being seen as I walk through the halls.

I keep my hat pulled down as far as it can go as I walk through the halls of the school. I stare down at my feet as I attempt to block out the hushed whispers that carry conversations about my performance last night. While I've gotten over the initial embarrassment, I don't like to be the talk of the school. I can't help but be a little disappointed in myself; I'm stronger than falling apart in front of the entire school. Keeping my head down and remaining in a practice room for my free period has gotten me through most of the day, but I was ready to see my friends in the next class.

I change into my dance clothes and make my way out to the classroom, breathing a sigh of relief when I see Flynn standing there. "Hey Flynn, where's Julie."

Flynn shrugs her shoulders as we begin warming up to some music, "I let her sleep in. She told me that she didn't want to show her face at school again."

I furrow my eyebrows at the girl, "I don't think-"

"Oh, Julie, how nice of you to join us," Our dance teacher calls out causing us to look their way.

Julie sighs with a sheepish look on her face, "I'm so sorry. I overslept."

She shoots her a small smile, knowing the girl would never skip her class on purpose, "Take your spot."

Julie quickly scrambles to find a place next to the two of us, going right to work with the warmup. She looks over and shoots Flynn a glare, "So, why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes."

"You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person," Flynn replies, eyes darting between us and the dance teacher.

"Breathe out!"

Julie lets out a sigh, "It's okay. It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead. And JJ, how are you doing today?"

I look away from her concerned gaze, painting a smile on my lips, "I'm fine, really. I kind of just want to forget about the whole thing."

"It's all so messed up," Julie replies with a nod as we go down into a lunge. "I thought they were in this with us, but I was wrong."

I shoot her a small smile, reaching out to pat her shoulder lightly as Flynn replies, "Hey, don't blame yourself. You can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join a band. And speaking of cute, have you talked to Nick today? He was pretty chatty at the dance."

Julie rolls her eyes as we stand up to stretch our legs, "No, and I'm kind of dreading it."

"Well, at least you don't have to see him in this class," I offer.