Josie

"I just like how it feels when you're here and maybe that's all I know

"I just like how it feels when you're here and maybe that's all I know." -butterflies rising

I let a groan escape my lips as my gaze narrows on the studio, "You've got to be kidding me! Seriously they were alone for five minutes!" I run into the room and find the three ghosts standing there: Reggie and Luke playing the guitar and Alex on the drums. While their playing is quite impressive, I have no time to compliment them. They hardly even notice as I walk in, "Hey guys! Stop!"

I clench my jaw as they continue to play without seeing me.

I storm over to Luke and grab his shoulder, lightly pulling him so he sees me, "You guys, stop! You're going to wake up the entire neighborhood."

With that their music ceases as they turn to me with wide eyes. Julie storms in to stand by my side. "I thought I told you to leave!"

Luke grip remains on his blue guitar, but his eyes light up as they stare into my own, "Wait, people can hear us play?"

"Yes! And so did my dad and my brother!" Julie shouts.

Alex shakes his head in disbelief, "Wait, wait, wait. So, only you can see us, only JJ can see and touch us, but everyone can hear us? I mean, what kind of ghost are we?"

A carefree grin grows on Luke's face, "Who cares, man? People can hear us play!"

"We might be dead, but our music isn't!" Reggie calls out, fist bumping his band mates.

My heart jumps in my chest for at what feels like the hundredth time tonight as I turn and see Ray walking into the room.

"Dad!"

He smiles as he approaches us, "Hey, just wanted to make sure you girls were okay!"

I edge away from Luke as I shrug my shoulders, "Yeah we just had to turn off the CD player."

Ray's gaze moves from us to the band's equipment, "Wait, is this the junk that was in the loft?"

Luke narrows his eyes at the man from beside me, "Junk?"

The boys watch as Ray approaches the drums and bangs around on them lightly, "Hey, some of this stuff is in pretty good shape, maybe we can make a couple bucks."

"What? Yo stop touching my drums!" Alex calls out. He turns to me, bumping my shoulder with his, "Tell him to stop touching my drums."

The three of them look at us expectantly as I shook them a look of bewilderment. Yeah, let me just tell Julie's father to stop touching the ghost's drums. That'll blow over well.

Ray moves to stand in front of us as the boys gather around him, "Well, it's nice that you're listening to music again. Out here you can play whatever you want, whenever you want."

Luke jumps back as Ray's hand goes right through his stomach."

A smile grows on Reggie's face, "Aw, that's nice!"