Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

XAVIER

I watched her cautiously as she fell to her knees and watched me roaming around the forest. She looked so happy and yet so miserable at the same time. It was almost sad. I hated to see her like that, it pained me to watch and although I loved her company, sometimes I wished she'd just leave me to be alone.

Her mother has been packing the car for the last hour. She took a small break to call her sister; I think I remembered her name being something like Tracey but, who knows? From what I could hear (Which was a lot by the way considering she talked as loud as she would if she were yelling.) they're going on a holiday to Queensland for the summer holidays and are staying with Aunt Tracey. So I decided I was too.

I swayed from tree to tree completely aware of my girl's eyes on me. Although I didn't know her name, I loved her like I'd known her forever and sometimes it almost looked as if she felt the same. She liked to call me 'Loup.' It was a stupid name for a wolf, but I'd grown used to it.

I waited until she looked away from me so I could escape and pack my things so I could follow her to Queensland. When she finally did, it was because her sister, (Or maybe she was just a friend, I'd never seen her before now.) She was calling out her name looking for her. My girl, Makayla, turned to look at her friend who was standing at the front door in her pajamas.

"Arraine, what are you doing up?" She asked pulling herself up from the ground. She looked back to where I was standing as still as one of the trees, waved and walked toward the house with a disappointed look on her face.

I ran as fast as I could toward the packs' house. I lived with the rest of my pack, (When they're human.) Paul, Sam, Damon, Chris, Robert, Seth and Shelby. Shelby's the only girl in the pack. At first it was super uncomfortable changing in front of her and having to live with a girl among like seven others guys, but we managed to work it out.

Shelby's the only member of the pack with her own room, the rest of us were bunking in groups of three. Shelby's not so bad once you get to know her. I mean if you forget about her constant whining, bossiness and bitching then she's not a bad person and I think way deep, deep, deep down inside she might actually love our pack and be grateful for having such amazing brothers.

We liked to think of the pack as big family with no secrets, even though we have no choice in that decision. One of the down sides to being a werewolf, (Which if you haven't guessed already that's what I am.) Everyone knows everyone's business. It wouldn't be so bad if we could learn to control our thoughts, it's just that we can't.

"Xavier's back!" Chris called from the front door. Chris and I were best friends, as close a pair could be. We spent every human moment together.

As I came back to my human form he turned into a wolf. I waved him goodbye as he ran towards the woods. When I walked inside the house the only ones siting at the kitchen table are Sam, Paul and Damon.

Paul's the leader of the pack, the Alpha. Everyone else looked up to him. He's also the oldest of all of us which makes him the strongest. Anyone who acts up he's the one who sets them straight and anyone who disobeys the Alpha, well let's just say there life just really isn't worth living.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked heading toward the room that Chris, Damon and I shared.

"Nothing, what about you little Bro'?" Damon asked. He's like an older brother who enjoyed annoying the crap out of me and teasing me when I did something that wasn't perfect.

"I'm going to go pack; I leave for Queensland tomorrow morning." I said with a smile.

They all looked puzzled. "And why exactly would you do that, Man?" Robert questioned.