Chapter 14

Okay, hello everyone just thought I'd let you know I posted a picture of who I think would make a great Damon and who other than the fabulous Damon Salvatore himself. Yep that's right Ian Somerhalder.

If there are any objections or suggestions please let me know.

Lainey.

Chapter 14

Makayla

That night I fell to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I hadn't had a decent nights sleep since the boys told me a bout the whole half werewolf thing and it was nice to have a girls opinion to reassure me.

It's not like Xavier and Damon and Chris aren't reassurance enough but Xaver never had to go through this. Mindy has. It's different and it's nice to know that Damon has more faith in me than he did in her. It makes me feel safer.

I'm still mad at my mother but after listening to what Paul had to say I'm begining to understand why she didn't tell me.

Even though i've never met Paul before this week I still feel like I grew up with him. We just have the natural father daughter connection that a lot of parents do with their children.

He explained how much he wanted to see me in the last fifteen years and he told me that although I don't actually remember we have in fact met before. Long ago.

He told me everything that I needed to know and even how he and mum met. Every year ib their annaversery they see each other and go to the place they met. That's probably the one night of the year that I"m home with the guy I used to call dad.

I guess in some ways I always knew that something wasn't right. My friends would tell me things about how their father had taken them to the football or played with them at the park but I never had stories about my father and I. I guess he was always with his real family.

Paul took me out for coffee yeserday. He tried to persuade me to speak to my mother but I told him I wasn't ready to forgive just yet. I knew it was stupid but I felt cheated, ripped off. All these years I've tought my life sucked only to find out years later that it was all lies.

There I was thinking that I had a father that couldn't give a rats arse what happened to me when I've always had one that loved me and wanted to see me. One that couldn't because there was the possible chance that it would trigger the wolf part in me.

Honestly I do feel better now that I know the truth.

XAVIER

I watched Makayla get ready for her birthday party with a smile on my face. I watched her fuss around with her hair and makeup and change her entire outfit at least seven times.

She had friends in there helping her who were all at least half ready. Arraine, Avery, Mindy and Rose. All her friends from Queensland had come down especially for her party and it was nice to see the smile on her face again. Damon, Chris and I were all ready and Chirs was waiting for Mindy to get ready with me.

Damon was in his room stressing about whether or not he should talk to Olivia and if he did what he would do. If I didn't know any better I'd say that he actually liked her. Then again that was next to impossible.

 "I think it's sweet how they're such great friends already." Chris told me gazing at Mindy dreamily.

I nodded with a small smile. "So do I. I can't wait until Damon finds someone."

"Are you kidding, that will be amazing. He won't always be teasing us about it." Chris cried. "He'll finally understand."

I laughed. "Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it. I supose he will understand then."