Chapter 16

Hoping this chapter is a little longer. Usually I just type it up in one go but this time I spent at least three days working out what to do.

Sorry for the wait. I've been a little busy the last few weeks and I've been concentrating on my other two stories that I have now finished so for now they should be quicker uploads.

Almost done me thinks, not sure whether I should end it for good or leave you guys hanging and do a sequel.

You can let me know what you'd rather if you want.

Happy reading (:

* * * * *

Chapter 16

*Makayla*

Mindy came into see me that afternoon. With a little help from Paul and Damon, I managed to convince Xavier that he could leave me alone with Mindy so that we could talk. She moved in a mattress to sleep on and I had sat up so that we could talk.

“So, how are you feeling?” She asked me trying to make conversation.

“I’m good; just don’t ask me that every ten minutes okay? I get enough of that from Xavier.” I rolled my eyes and Mindy frowned.

“What’s up with you and Xavier? I thought you guys were soul mates?” She asked sounding a little confused.

“So did I, but I guess even soul mates fight sometimes right?” I tried to smile.

Mindy shook her head sat up straighter. “Chris and I don’t, we’ve never disagreed to anything.”

I felt my eyes widen. “You can’t be serious.”

“Oh, I am.” She nodded. “Chris and I have been friends since pre-school, best friends. Never ever had much as an small argument.”

“Wow, that’s impressive.” I tried to look enthusiastic.

She gave me a tiny smile and placed her hand over mine. “The point is we’ve been together for more than twenty years. You and Xavier haven’t even been together for one. He might make you happy and all that but that doesn’t mean he’s your soul mate.” I looked away from her knowing eyes.

“But Xavier has to be; maybe it’s different for us. Who else could it be? Besides, Xavier’s convinced that it’s true. Is it possible to have two soul mates?” I wondered desperately.

“Why would you say that? Is there someone else?” She asked looking more than a little confused.

I shrugged. “I dunno’ I just thought that if it were possible to have two that maybe it would be normal to be mad at Xavier.”

Mindy shook her head and patted my hand. “I don’t think so honey.”

“Well maybe…” I cut myself off.

“What, what were you going to say?” She gripped my hand.

I shook my head. “It doesn’t matter.”

She shrugged and stood up. “I’m going to run down to the store is there anything you want for our sleep over?”

I grinned. “Could you get me a hot chocolate from that little café on Main Street please?”

“She nodded, sure thing. Do you want me to send Xavier in?” She wondered lingering at the door.

I shook my head but before she could leave the room, I spoke up. “Could you get Damon for me?”

She smiled and nodded before closing the door behind her and leaving me by myself.

*Damon*

“Hey Damon,” Mindy called. “Kayla wants you, any idea why?”