Tristian's POV

Walking into the gym, I sighed heavily as I wanted to get a workout in even at such a late hour.. but this time of night was the best time to get in a workout, especially with the gym being empty. It had been a few days since my phone call with my father and my day spent with Ingrid, and I hadn't seen her since. She did, however, message me every morning, afternoon, and night to either say hi, ask me about my day or tell me about hers.. I fucking loved it. 

I've never had someone give me so much genuine attention as if they truly wanted to know if I was doing okay or if I needed anything.. It was different. Every time I reached to text her first, she'd already sent me a message. It was adorable but I knew I was going to have to put in a bit more effort to speak to her.. one thing I knew about my doll was that she was a heavy overthinker but I was happy I was able to calm her nerves the other day. 

After getting set up, I began punching the bag. She thought she was the problem when it was truly because I couldn't hold together my fucking emotions. She's so precious and the life I live is one that I want her to have no part of or see the way I am within it.. Doing work with my father was risky and with his involvement with the Irish Mob and Ingrid's father with the Spanish Mafia.. I knew they were up to no good.. But I was growing selfish, I wanted her all to myself.. Not that I minded or that she would mind either. 

" I knew your daddy wouldn't let you soften up on me.. " A voice rang throughout the gym and I froze in place.. Darragh. He walked over to in a fresh suit with his jacket over his shoulder and his tie open around his neck. He always looked too clean for the fucked up and dirty business he was running.. 

" I just didn't think you'd be so fuckin' stubborn eh? " I ignored him and his agonizing Irish accent as I continued my training. I knew he couldn't have been here alone and may have had a guard or two around, but I didn't care. 

" Leave me the hell alone. " I barked, and he smirked. 

" You know.. your daddy thought he could get away from me a few years ago.. I let him. He got his education.. whatever he thought he could do to get away from what he knew best... Then he ended up with a sick wife and a fucked up kid. " He shrugged and I paused in my movements. 

" That train accident was pretty bad.. I wonder who's to blame. Surely, we couldn't put the blame on her son who wound up in jail again... She was only going to bail you out, ya know? " He said, "sympathizing" with me, and I glared at him as I turned to face him fully.

" You know nothing about me or my family.. nothing. I'm not playing this game with you or my father." I seethed, crossing my arms, and he tilted his head.

" I think you've had enough time playing a tattoo artist and sucking the money out of my boxing rings.. You know I need you to work for me, and I'm not taking no for an answer. " Grabbing my belongings, I shook my head at his words. 

" I gotta go, Darragh. Don't look for me," I muttered, walking past him toward the door of the gym, when his next words stopped me. 

" Not only are you workin' as some street Da Vinci... you've also been playin' with a little doll, hmm? " He said nonchalantly, and I froze. 

" She's fuckin' pretty eh? Brandon already filled me in on your little dynamic.. Actin' like you're her daddy, holding her on your hip, babying her... but I can't blame you. Her little ass and mouth would probably make any man bend over backward. " Swiftly turning around I marched over to him only to be stopped by his guards. He remained impassive as he tilted his head to the side and I felt the urge to punch the shit out of the two guys holding me back. 

" There you go.. It brings back memories to see how quick a few words can get ya all worked up.. " 

" Don't you ever say anything like that about her again. " I growled, and he pouted.

" Did I hit a nerve, lad? Well, too bad. I'll say whatever the fuck I want, and there's nothin' you can say or do, hmm.. " He muttered, stepping closer to me.

" You've been fightin' a lot, yeah? Lot of my guys been out of the ring because of you.. Tearing them to bits and pieces. So when I don't get my money.. the fuckin' blame is on you " He snarled. The guards held me steady, and I groaned as he sent a few kicks to my stomach and punches to my face.. When he was done, his guards pushed me to my knees, and I coughed up a bit of blood. He grabbed me by the hair as he leaned closer to me. I had to control myself as I didn't want to make things worse for myself.. if it weren't for the guards backing him up, my temper would have put him on the ground. 

Then he whispered in my ear, causing my blood to boil, " Start gettin' your shit together and fight for me.. if you don't, I'll bust your fuckin' knee caps... and maybe pay a little visit to that baby doll of your's "

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hope you all enjoyed! Sorry for the late chapter, chapter 18 should be out on Patreon soon! much love. x

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Thoughts on Tristian's meeting with Darragh? How much do you hate him?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff-related?

Song requests?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Song Lyrics: MAX - Lights Down Low

Find me on Patreon: iiLoveydoveii ( A N G E L ) - LINK IN BIO

Link: https://www.patreon.com/iiLoveydoveii?fan_landing=true

Follow me on Instagram: iiLoveydoveii

Photos from WeHeartIt: iiLoveydoveii

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote ♡

Angel ♡