Chapter 9

"Someone told me, love was onlyIn the moviesIt don't exist in real life these days nowBut you showed meIf I only just find the faith I need to believe"

In the movies
It don't exist in real life these days now
But you showed me
If I only just find the faith I need to believe"

"Someone told me, love was onlyIn the moviesIt don't exist in real life these days nowBut you showed meIf I only just find the faith I need to believe"

Third Person POV

Tristian stared out the window of his car as he watched Ingrid go into her home. She had opened the door with her key and stepped inside. He furrowed his brows as he watched the curtain of the living room open but close just as fast. Thinking nothing of it, he looked towards the road and drove off. 

It was still early and he would have a chance to go spend some time with his mother, not that the hospital staff would say anything anyway. They were already scared of him as it is. If he wanted to he could spend the night and they wouldn't say a word.

Making it to the hospital, he went straight to his mother's room without speaking to anyone. Opening her door he noticed she was asleep as her breathing pattern was softer and slower. Sitting next to her in his usual seat, he grabbed her hand and rubbed the back of it as it made him feel safe. He looked up to the monitor to see it speeding up a bit but going back down. He looked up at his mother and saw that she was slowly opening her eyes. 

Tristian sighed as he felt like venting once again but he wasn't sure if she wanted to hear him while she'd just woken. Then again, he wasn't sure if she liked listening to him or if she could even hear him at all.

" Hey mom.. " He whispered and went silent for a while.

" It's been a pretty intense few days and... I don't really know where to start. " He shook his head as he thought back to the last few days.

" If you want me to start off on a good note.. I won the boxing match. I'm saving it all for now so we don't have to deal with Noah... Speaking of the bastard, he got me out of trouble with the law again the other day and he's giving me an ultimatum.. " Tristian sighed as his hands shook from partial anger and sadness.

" I either have to join his business and get off the 'streets' or... He's pulling the plug. Even though he hasn't directly said these words to me himself.. I know that's what it's going to come down to.... I can't bare to see you die or just never get better in general. I would be completely broken and I-I know it's selfish of me to keep you on life support without letting you go and be free b-but.. " Holding his head in both of his hands, he tried to hold the tears back.