" How am I going to read if you're holding one of my hands hostage, doll? " He asked and I blushed slightly.

" I-I can turn the page for you? " I muttered and he hummed as he brought the book back to our eye level..

" A compromise I can work with baby.. I like it. " I giggled softy and he began to read. Listening to his deep voice sent warmth and comfort throughout my body and I loved it tremendously. 

We had gotten through about four chapters when his phone began to ring. He picked it up, and I did my best to block out his conversation, which on his end was kept to just short responses. Eventually, he ended the call and grabbed me by the hips. I looked up at him in question, and he seemed to be very angry. 

" We need to leave. " He muttered and my heart felt heavy in my chest. Already? It had only been about four hours since I went to the gym to see him.. and I didn't want to go home yet. 

I tried to push back my tears as I stood up and grabbed the few books I wanted to check out. Tristian didn't say anything as he stood up and waited for me. He was very angry and I knew I probably had nothing to do with it but my intrusive thoughts had a mind of their own, telling me it was my fault he didn't want to spend time with me and that I was the one who made him mad. So when we left the library, I understood why he looked at me with complete confusion as I spoke my next words.

" ...I-I'm sorry " I whispered and he paused as he looked over at me in confusion. My hand also felt cold as he didn't hold it as we walked out.. Am I being too clingy? He placed my bag of books down and lifted my chin as I had kept it down. I looked up at him in complete sadness and he cooed as he wiped my tears. He placed a kiss on my cheek and I sniffled softly as he began to calm my nerves. 

" No crying doll, and there's no need to be sorry, baby.. I shouldn't have been so angry and rough with you.. I apologize. It's just that.. my father wants me to see someone that I.. don't really want to see right now. " He said angrily, and I bit my lip as I somewhat knew who he was talking about. Darragh.. 

I pushed the thought to the back of my head and bit my lip as he brought me closer to him. I tried to avoid eye contact as I felt a bit embarrassed and he directed my eyes back over to him.

" You are not a cry baby and you are not being unreasonable okay? " He assured me and I looked at him wide-eyed. How can he read my thoughts? I nodded slowly and giggled as he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I blushed as I hid my face in the crook of his neck. He picked up the bag and placed a kiss on my neck as he walked us to the car.

" .. I can walk to the car. " I whispered slightly embarrassed and he squeezed my thigh.

" I know you can doll.. but would I be wrong if I said you like to be carried? " He asked and chuckled when I gave him no response. We made it to the car and too soon for my liking, we were already outside of my home. I let out a puff of air as my father's car wasn't home and I could tell Tristian wanted to say something, but he bit his tongue. Reaching over, I gave him a hug and he read my mind as he hugged me back and placed a kiss on my lips. He was the first to pull away and I pouted as he smiled.

" Don't worry, doll.. we'll have more kisses sooner than you think, okay baby? " He muttered, and I nodded excitedly as I grabbed my things and exited his car. He waited for me to get inside and I made my way straight to my room. I showered and got dressed in a simple sweatshirt and biker shorts and I made my way over to my bed. 

Under my mattress, I pulled out Tristian's sketchbook and colored pencils he gave me and began to color for the next hour or so. I didn't exactly know why my father wanted me to spend so much time with Tristian other than the fact that I was supposed to be his "babysitter" but I didn't want him to find anything of his that I brought home. Mr. Noah also seems.. very keen on keeping us together and I wondered why. I was scared to think that they could be in some shady business but I didn't want to jump to a conclusion.. to think my papa would be a part of some gang or mafia would make him even more frightening than he already was..