Lola instinctively huddled closer to Hanna as one of the hottest guys in their year approached them. Tyrone was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans and he smelled of some really nice cologne.

His dark brown eyes twinkles mischievously as he stared at the girls, making Lola want to hide behind the couch or something.

Why the hell were these guys so handsome while the rest of the student body were plagued with the usual weight and skin issues that teenagers suffered?

It's as if Julian, Damien and Tyrone drank from the fountain of handsomeness or something and hid it from the rest of them.

Except maybe Eva the bulldozer and her friends. Maybe they were all in this secret beauty cult like those hidden secret societies in college.

Lola's mine was on overdrive, she barely noticed Damien surreptitiously sliding his arm around her friend. Talk about smooth.

"Hey Tyrone, this is Lola, Hanna and Nalini," Damien put his arm around a very shy looking Nalini and she jumped like she had just been electrocuted. "She's my date tonight."

"I didn't think parties required dates," Nalini shrugged Damien's hand off but it only went back up around her shoulders again.

Tyrone's eyes widened in recognition and he took a step back in shock.

"No way," He said and then he smiled widely. "You girls clean up nice."

He joined them at the drinks table and soon filled one for himself. He looked at Lola and then frowned suddenly.

"Wait isn't this the girl you made out with during gym this week?"

Lola's cheeks turned red with embarassment and she immediately looked at Damien for help.

His face was blank as he stared back at her but then Nalini turned around and slapped him on the face dramatically.

"How could you? And with my own friend!" She raised her hands theatrically and Lola wondered if she had gone crazy.

"Dude," Tyrone didn't bother asking anymore, instead he looked proud of his besties conquests.

Meanwhile Damien was still in shock, he held his cheek and stared at an angry looking Nalini but her eyes were narrowed on Lola.

She nodded to Lola's right and Lola turned to see Tyler standing in the backyard by a small pool. He was standing with two boys from school.

Lola turned back to see Nalini stomp away angrily with Damien following her, looking like he'd just only understood Nalini's intentions.

"We'll be in the living room," He mouthed to Lola and then he looked in Tyler's direction before leaving her alone by the table.

Even Hanna had been whisked away by a very talkative and charming Tyrone, who was busy trying to get her to drink more.

They left her completely alone and nervous and Tyler was now looking at her.

While she staring at him.

He had a slimmer build compared to the football players and Julian but Lola had to admit he looked good in his dark blue button down shirt and black jeans.

She took a large gulp of her liquid and smiled at him. Now was her chance, she had to take it.

She walked through the open sliding doors slowly and thankfully he left his friends behind to join her.

"Hey Lola, what a pleasant surprise," He held out his hand for her to take, helping her down the stairs.

Lola's heart burst with warmth at the gesture. Tyler had always been such a gentleman.

"I didn't know you came to these parties," He said.

"Well I didn't until today. It's my first time, hope that isn't too obvious," Lola smiled up at him and realized that spying on him was going to be hard.

Especially since he was looking at her like that, with his warm brown eyes and infectious smile.

"No, you look great," He blushed slightly, making Lola's heart skip a beat. "It's nice seeing you here."

"I think the last time we actually hung out was when we were paired together for a science project and you ended up doing most of the work," He said.

Lola's felt her cheeks burn, touched that he remembered something that happened years ago and yet nervous that they were actually having a conversation that was lasting more than a few seconds.

Tyler lead her to a side bench and they sat down.

"I heard you came with Damien. Are you guys a thing?" He asked.

His question made Lola laugh at how absurd it was.

"Me? Of course not. He's here with my friend," She replied. "Wait how did you know we came together?"

Lola leaned back and eyed him skeptically. He had been watching her since that day at the gym and now it made her even more curious.

Tyler looked down for a moment and she could swear she saw a flash of guilt cloud his features. Although it disappeared in seconds making Lola wonder if she had imagined it.

"I saw you guys walk in," He said. "Anyway I guess it's good news that you guys aren't together."

"And why's that?" Lola asked just as he shifted a little closer.

"Because I never really imagined you with a guy like him."

Tyler's words were making Lola's heart beat frantically in her chest. First of all he had noticed her company, now he had admitted to thinking about her.

Could this be a dream? Her crush Tyler not only knew she existed but he's thought about her love life?

Did he like her? Maybe that was why he had been noticing her recently.

"Then what kind of guy should I be with?" She asked him in a soft voice. It was definitely the alcohol talking, she was never this bold.

"I don't know," Tyler shrugged, looking shy. He ran a hand through his silky dark brown hair and smiled at her. "Someone like me?"

Lola felt like she had just died and gone to heaven. They stared at each other in intense silence and all Lola could think about was that if this was a movie they would have kissed by now.

But then Tyler leaned back, crushing Lola's heart in the process.

"Too fast?" He asked nervously.

"No," She replied. "I would like to get to know you too."

Tyler smiled at her and leaned in again. He took her hand in his and Lola's heart raced as he got closer.

It looked like she was about to have her first kiss and Lola closed her eyes.

Being with Tyler was simple, perfect, it felt just right, like they were meant to be. He made her feel soft, unlike Julian who caused her nerves to ignite, making her shiver with just his stare.

Why the hell was she thinking about him during this perfect moment?

Lola felt Tyler's warm breath hit her face, she could smell alcohol but she didn't care if he was only kissing her because he was drunk.

Their lips were about to meet when a car horn blared loudly, startling the both of them. It was much too close for comfort, as if it had come from just over the fence.

She jumped back, feeling startled and the moment was ruined. Lola wanted to kill the idiot who had interrupted them.

Just then, one of Tyler's friends rushed to them.

"Guys, they're playing truth and dare inside and you have to join."

"Umm, no thanks," Lola was quick to reiterate but then he interrupted her.

"Are you sure? Because both your friends are playing with Eva and the rest."

The mention of Eva and Nalini together made Lola stand up in panic. That pair was pure destruction and she didn't want things to go south so fast.

"Okay, fine," She muttered and then she followed him inside, with Tyler in tow.