Through the Storm

Start from the beginning

"Thals?" Percy calls out, "You there firecracker?"

"Ugh..." A moan from above sounds.

Percy carefully climbs up the tree to the usual branch. Thalia is lying down on her stomach, head hanging over the side.

"You don't look so good." Percy says worridly.

"No Styx Sherlock." She moans.

"You're sick, yet you still manage to insult me." Percy says, "Sorry, wrong time for a joke."

"What are you doing out in this weather?" Thalia asks, sitting up.

"Zoe and I are sneaking out of camp." Percy says, "I know how to heal you, but by the looks of it, we don't have a lot of time."

"Yeah..." She grits her teeth.

"Perseus?" A voice whispers from below.

"That's Zoe." Percy says, "I've got to go."

"Then go!" Thalia says, "I'm not getting any better."

Percy smiles slightly at her snappiness, then jumps down out of the tree.

"What were you doing up there?" Zoe asks.

"Talking with Thalia." Percy says, Now let's go.

The moment the two of them step across the camp border, the storm seems to lessen.

"Maybe it was just focused on the camp?" Percy's guess comes out more like a question.

"What are you two doing?" A voice demands from in front of the two Hunters.

The snow swirls tighter, then coalesced into the figure of a woman in a tight-fitting white dress. Her piercing blue eyes glare at Percy and Zoe.

"Lady Khione." Zoe says respectfully, "We are merely leaving the camp in search of a way to heal our friend."

"That friend wouldn't happen to be the one who is currently poisoned, would it?" The snow goddess asks innocently.

Percy immediately draws Riptide, "What do you know about that?"

"Only that Kronos has plans for what happens after the daughter of Zeus' soul fades away." Khione smiles frigidly.

"So you work for Annabeth?" Percy asks.

Khione's face morphs into a scowl, "As if that bitch could ever be more valuable than me! For that comment, you shall feel the wrath of my frozen storm!"

Frozen... Something clicks in Percy's brain. Snow is just frozen water, and if he can control water...

"I'm sorry Lady Khione, but I'd rather not become a Percicle before next Tuesday." Percy says, "Zoe, grab on!"

Zoe grasps Percy's hand as he closes his eyes, focusing on the storm around him. The snow begins to swirl tighter around the two Hunters, before becoming more solid below the two.

"This is gonna feel weird." Percy yells over the storm to Zoe, "Just go with it!"

Zoe nods, even though Percy can't see it. The son of Poseidon focuses on the particles of water below him, forcing them upwards, and carrying the two Hunters with them. Being careful to maintain complete focus, Percy uses the storm surrounding the two to carefully direct them away from camp and towards the city. Khione screams in rage below them as they sail away fgaster than Percy thought possible.

Fifteen minutes later, Percy sets the two of them down at a bus station and collapses from exhaustion.

"That..." He breathes out, "Was... a... lot... more... draining... than... I... Thought."

"How did you even do that?" Zoe demands.

"Snow... Frozen... Water..." He grasps out, then taking a deep breath, he speaks normally, "I honestly didn't know if that would work."

Zoe stares at the boy Hunter, slightly shocked.

"The storm is gone." Percy notes, "Probably to prevent me from trying something like that again."

"So what exactly is the plan?" ZOe asks.

"Well, we don't have enough money for one train ticket, let alone two." Percy says, "So we'll have to either sneak onto a train, or find another way to Mt. Rushmore."

"That is where this...thing we are seeking is?" Zoe asks.

"It's a healing crystal." Percy says, "It can restore anything it touches to it's most healthiest state."

"Okay." Zoe nods in understanding.

"There is only one small problem..." Percy says.

"Let me guess, the enemy is already at Mt. Rushmore." Zoe finishes.

"Exactly." Percy says, "So we need to hurry and pray that they haven't gotten to it yet. Last I heard, Kronos' army hasn't been able to reach it."

"That's good news." Zoe says.

At that moment, a bus pulls into the station. The door opens and the two Hunters get on.

"You two got tickets?" The driver asks.

Zoe snaps her fingers, "We already payed, remember?"

"Oh, right." The driver says, "I must've dropped the tickets, you two are good."

"Thank you." Zoe says.

The two Hunters walk down the aisle and take a seat closer to the back of the bus.

Alright, there we go! Another chapter good to go. What do you people think of it? Remember to check out my other stories!
Vote. Comment. And as always: be awesome.
Leonidas_son_of_Nike