A Hike to the Peak of Pike

A/N Funny story... So I was looking up the Air Force Academy, you know, for ideas on how Percy, Luke and Annabeth were gonna break you. I happened across a map and discovered that it was more college campus, and less military base, so the real-life will not warrant a chapter in itself, but whatever.
«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

"Alright, now let's see how we're going to break out of a military facility." Luke says as he grasps the handle to open the truck back, "You two ready?"

Percy and Annabeth nod.

"Then let's get this show on the road!" Luke opens the door to reveal...

"A college campus?" Annabeth sounded dumbfounded.

Percy was equally confused, "Maybe the truck driver stopped here on his way to the academy."

Luke points, "Even our dyslexia can't mess that up."

Percy looks at what Luke pointed out. There is a giant sign, with the words 'AIR FORCE ACADEMY' and the symbol of the United States Air Force, "I think we're in the right place."

So now we need to figure out where exactly on Pike's Peak Kronos has stashed away Pegasus." Luke comments.

Annabeth looks around, "Maybe we should get moving. It's suspicious for three random kids to be standing near the back of an open truck."

Percy and Luke nod in agreement and the trio begins walking.

"As to your question Luke," Annabeth starts, "Kronos is probably at the peak of the mountain, or in a cave in the mountain."

"The peak seems more likely." Percy says, I mean, it's probably more difficult to get there."

"Then to the Peak we go!" Luke said as he begins walking toward a bus stop.

A few minutes later, a bus pulls up. The trio get on the bus and Luke pays the driver.

"How many stops until we reach Pike's Peak?" Annabeth asks.

The driver shrugs, "Ten at most."

Annabeth nods and sits down in the seat next to Luke. From Percy's vantage point across the aisle, she seemed extremely close to Luke, who was oblivious to the situation. He was looking out the window as the bus passed through the city of Colorado Springs.

Around five stops in, a group of blustery and loud college aged guys stepped onto the bus, all laughing and slapping each other on their backs. There was something off about them, but Percy waved it aside in his mind.

The feeling came back in an overwhelming matter when the five of them sat in the seats all around the three demigods.

"Hey Luke, Annabeth." Percy says over to his friends.

Luke turns from the window, "What's up Perce?"

"We may have a slight issue." Percy says, almost monotonously, "It seems that Kronos' welcome party arrived earlier than we expected."

The last part was directed at the college students surrounding them. A blonde haired, taller one stands up.

"Well well, what have we here?" He says, "It seems Lord Kronos was right on the spot with you, Boy Hunter. My name is Dylan, and I'm going  be the one to bring you to Kronos, in chains."

"What are we, chopped liver?" Luke mutters.

Dylan makes a weird sound, almost like a gale wind, and one of his buddies nods, turns into a burst of wind, and zooms out the window.

"Dekara!" Annabeth curses, "Wind spirits!"

Dylan cracks a smile, "Oh yes daughter of Athena. And I have a special challenge for you. If you can't defeat us four before we reach Pikes Peak, Callum will blow this entire bus off the side of the road."

"So we only have to beat these losers to keep the rest of the passengers safe?" Luke draws his sword, "That shouldn't be hard."

Percy looked at Annabeth quickly, hoping she was getting the message she was trying to send with his eyes. Thankfully, she was smart enough to figure out what Percy was trying to say. The daughter of Athena pulls out her Yankees baseball cap and puts it on, turning invisible.

Dylan laughs, "So now we outnumber you two to one. Still think you can win?"

"Bring it!" Luke counters defiantly.

Percy draws Riptide, It was too close quarters for his bow. He then immediately jumps into the fray, swinging in a wide horizontal slash. Dylan laughs as his midsection shimmers and the celestial bronze blade passes right through the wind spirit, leaving him unharmed.

"Damn." Percy grits his teeth.

Dylan laughs again, [A/N I can't even hear the laugh and it starting to irritate me.] "You cannot defeat us! We are storm spirits. You can't touch -"

SKREEEEEEEEEECH!!!!

Percy had to hand it to Annabeth. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. All four storm spirits were flung forward as the emergency break was pulled. Percy and Luke quickly went to work, striking the monsters while they didn't have any control over their physical being. Soon, there were four piles of monster dust in the bus.

Percy caps Riptide just as someone snaps a picture.

"Hey!" He calls out, "No flash photography!"

The bus is completely silent.

"Never mind." Percy mutters, then calls out louder, "Annabeth, how many more stops?"

"This is it." She replies.

"Sweet, now let's go rescue a winged horse." With that last statement, the three demigods leave the bus.

Percy, Luke and Annabeth find themselves standing next to a sign, probably indicating that they are at Pikes Peak, but none of them care to look.

Luke looks at the two demigods next to him, "So you ready to go."

Percy gestures forward, "You're the quest leader, so why don't you take point."

Luke unsheathes his sword and starts walking. Annabeth glances over at Percy and notices that he has his bow drawn as well, arrow resting on the string. She draws her knife and starts moving after Luke.

It's twenty minutes before they come in contact with another monster. Three dracenae had come out of the brush about twenty feet away. Both groups stared at each other for a few seconds. Then, Percy fires an arrow. It catches the lead dracenae right in the eye, and it falls over and dissolves. Before anyone can react, Percy had fire two more arrows, dissolving  remaining dracenae.

The Boy Hunter quietly goes over and collects the spent arrows, putting them back in his quiver.

They keep going up the mountain, occasionally coming in contact with a group of monsters, which they quickly dispatched. The father up they party got, the more frequent these little skirmishes became, which was a good sign.

"This means we're getting closer to Kronos." Annabeth notes as she wipes hellhound dust off of her knife, "It's probably right over the ridge."

True to form, the daughter of the goddess of wisdom was correct. The three step over the ridge and behold quite the site. On one side, was a gaping hole in the ground, which seemed to radiate evil. On the other side was a giant birdcage. Inside it was a brilliant white winged horse: Pegasus, father of all winged horses. Between the two points was what appeared to be an arena.

"Welcome demigods." A voice rises from the pit, like a knife scraping across stone, "I've been...expecting you."

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»
Alright, this quest is winding down to the end. What did you guys think of it? Any guesses as to what will happen next?
So, something of slight importance. Alongside this story, I'm going to be writing two more stories: The Wandering Demigod and The Heir of Time. The first part for each is up, and I was wondering if you people could take a look at that and tell me what you think so far. Thanks
You're all awesome,
Leonidas_son_of_Nike