Through the Storm

Hey People, I'm back! I deeply apologize for having to do that. Taking a break is not cool. I did say that I would get rid of the A/N when I posted this part, but the comments on that are so funny, I think I'll keep it around. The picture above is of the drawing Percy did in the last chapter (cred to me).

Percy woke up the next morning not feeling refreshed at all. Groaning, he rolled over and fell off of his bed. Continuing to groan, he stood up and stretched, rubbing sleep from his eyes. The boy Hunter breathed in deeply, capturing the scent of the ocean.

"Time to give Chiron the bad news." He muttered.

Percy quickly threw on a set of clothes, mostly dark blue, and a sliver jacket. He put Anaklusmos in his pocket and stepped out of his cabin. The instant he did, he stopped in his tracks. Percy knew about the ultimate climate control that Camp Half-Blood has, but it seemed not to be working. A winter storm like something that has never been seen on Long Island seems to have focused itself on the camp. Percy quickly shuts the door to his cabin and tries to peer through the blowing snow.

"Great." He mutters, "Almost no visibility."

Percy jumps down off of the footstep to his cabin and finds that the snow has come up to his knees.

"Someone annoyed the wrong immortal." He says, still talking to himself.

"That seems most likely." A voice calls from to Percy's left.

The boy Hunter jumps, "Who's there?" He damands.

"Zoe!" The person calls out.

"Oh, hey Z!" Percy replys, "Nice weather we're having, huh?"

She laughs, "Yes, quite."

"I can't see you." Percy says, where exactly are you?"

"Right next to you." He feels a tap on his shoulder.

"Oh, there you are." The boy Hunter says, "Why don't we get in my cabin. We can talk there."

The two Hunters stumble back into the Poseidon cabin and Percy slams the door shut behind them.

"That was unexpected." Percy breathes out.

"What were you doing out there?" Zoe demands.

"I need to talk to Chiron." Percy says.

"What's wrong? You know that you can always come to the Hunters for advice."

"Yeah...It's just that- What are you doing?" Percy cuts himself off as Zoe begins walking over to his desk.

What is this this?" Zoe asks, picking up the boy Hunter's sketchbook.

"That? Oh, that's nothing of importance. I was actually going to put it away now. So can I have it?"

"I want to see what it is." The lieutenant says mischievously.

"It's nothing! Now hand it over."

"If it's nothing, then why are you so desperate to have it?"

Percy bit back a curse. Zoe trapped him. In his moment of hesitation, Percy had failed to notice Zoe opening the sketchbook. The Hunter pauses for a second, then starts to flip quickly through the book.

"My gods. Percy, these are amazing drawings!" Zoe stares at the boy.

"There're okay." Percy blushes.

Zoe flips to one particular picture: a pack of wolves. Most were a dull grey, like timber wolves, with a light glow around them, not dissimilar to the aura surrounding someone blessed by Artemis. In the front of the pack was a larger wolf, brighter and with a stronger aura. This one seemed to be the leader. A smaller black wolf raced around the feet of the rest, who all seemed to surround the younger one protectively.