Through the Storm

Start from the beginning

Most of the drawings seemed to have a focus on wolves, falcons, animals, and nature in general. There were very few pictures of humans, the most notable being a sketch of the Hunters' camp. It seemed that Percy managed to fit every memeber of the Hunt, aside from himself, into the picture. Phoebe, Kayla, and Amelia were all practicing archery at the target range. Cassandra tended to the fire. Artemis stood proudly in the centre of the camp. Zoe was sharpening an arrow. The moon shined down on the entire camp, casting a nice glow on the entire camp scene.

"Drawing helps me clear my head." Percy mumbles, but Zoe is so engrossed in the sketchbook, that she doesn't seem to notice.

Zoe keeps flipping through the book until she comes to the last picture; the one of the tree.

"This one looks different." She frowns.

"I drew that last night." Percy whispers.

"What was that." Zoe catches everything.

"I drew that last night." Percy says, a little louder, "After I found out that Thalia's Tree had been poisoned."

"Poisoned?!" Zoe couldn't believe her ears. She knew the story of Thalia's Tree, and how it protects the camp.

"I know a way to heal her." Percy says, "I even know where to go! If Chiron would let me go..."

"Why would you need his approval?" Zoe asks, "The Hunters stand with you."

"No!" Percy says suddenly, "I couldn't ask you girls to do that! This is my problem to deal with."

"You're problem?" Zoe looks at him, confused.

"Sorry, slip of the tongue." Percy corrects quickly, "I meant the camp's problem."

"Perseus..." Zoe looks at the boy Hunter sternly.

"I could never get anything past you Z." Percy sighs, "I've kinda... Spoken with Thalia's soul."

"What?" Zoe is honestly confused for the first time in her long life.

Percy shrugs, "I don't get it either, and neither does Thalia, but apparently I'm the only one who can see her. And...I kind of swore on the River Styx to help her..." Percy trails off when he sees Zoe smiling slightly, "What?"

"Oh, nothing." Zoe says, "Well, if you swore on the RIver Styx, you are now bound to help her. We can't have her die. That would not be beneficial to your health."

You would help me with this?" Percy looks at Zoe hopefully.

In complete honesty, Percy had not been looking forward to telling Chiron about the poisoning, or leaving on his own.

"We can't bring the entire Hunt." Zoe murmurs to herself, "That would arrouse suspicion. Perhaps it would be best if just the two of us were to go. I could put Phoebe in charge of the Hunters until we returned..."

"Thank you big sis." Percy leaps forward and hugs the two thousand year old Huntress.

"You must really care about this Thalia." Zoe says.

"What? No! Well, yes of course I do. I mean she is trapped as a tree, and poisoned. Her spirit keeps the camp safe. Of course I care what happens to her." Percy rushes out.

"Hey, look." Zoe says suddenly, "The storm has let up a little bit. It''s still strong enough to cover us, but now we can sneak out."

"The exit is over that way." Percy points in the direction of Half-Blood Hill, "Meet up there when you are done with the Hunters."

Zoe nods and leaves the cabin. As soon as she leaves, Percy begins to quickly pack up. After twenty seconds, he is ready. Slowly opening the cabin door, the boy Hunter loos around quickly. Seeing no one, he sprints [Can you sprint through heavy snow?] All the way to Thalia's Pine..