If that mechanical voice really would be able to bestowed her an Energy.

Time sure fly so fast, and tomorrow would already be the seventh day since she awakened after that incident. The other five days she remained unconscious weren't counted, you see.

"Vy, are you still attending another tea party?"

Someone spoke out, and when that familiar voice entered Vrylle's ears, she slowly looked up and saw it was Everett.

Pardon her rudeness, but if the young Paladin did not break her from her trance, Vrylle most likely forgot that she'd been having a tea time with him, the 'compensation' she owed him that day.

"En. Even though I've been around the clock since my classes resumed, I still need to pay attention to the letters I had received and respond to it. It was also my duty as the Lady of this household."

What she stated to the young Paladin was true. Vrylle doesn't want to weigh down the original host's family that now also hers.

Everyone knew that despite being in the Auburne's lineage, the body she had doesn't have an ounce of awakening and all she was good at was studying.

Mostly, nobles awakened their Energy when they hit the age of four. To what she had also heard, her father awakened his Energy when he was three, same with Everett, one year earlier than the supposed age, that was why they were labeled as 'special'.

But the original host, sadly, she was already ten and soon be eleven but still none.

Vrylle sympathized the original host. What would the poor kid felt all those times?

"Don't you think you need at least a day of rest?"

"I will think about it, Brother, but for now, I need to work harder if I wanted to achieve good results."

Vrylle answered in most honesty, then returned her gaze on him. Everett though, after hearing the answer from his little sister, and saw clear resolved from her eyes, he jolted and got surprised.

Since when his little sister got those eyes?

"...You changed a lot, Vy." He said, directly spilling his thought into words.

Vrylle, on the other hand, expected this to come since even the other ladies, let alone Rosalie, mentioned that same thing. And now that the time finally comes, it shouldn't be bad for her to pave a path... right?

"I've been hearing these words for quite a while now, and I can't help but be confused. Say, Brother, does my change a bad thing?"

Vrylle asked, her countenance shows sadness and anxiety, which she deliberately showed to rile in the young Paladin.

The paving was now in motion, and she had a lot of masks in reserved, a variety of different expression to wisely play her card.

Since the beginning, she knew that she couldn't keep up on imitating the jolly and cheeky behaviour of the original host, since she was her exact opposite. So now that the chance was presenting itself in front of her, why not grab it? Let them witness the changes in her.

Slowly, yet precisely.

"Of course not! It was a good thing! You're not childish anymore! You are now maturing! But don't mature too fast. Father and I would be very sad since maturing means you're becoming more and more independent."

Everett honestly voiced out his view, which brought a smile on Vrylle's face. Upon seeing his little sister's reaction, he showed a bright smile on his own, then continued chatting with her.

However, less from what the young Paladin knew, Vrylle would be leaving them sooner or later. She doesn't want to be bound in this life. It didn't suit her. What she wanted was to be an Adventurer, be literally independent.