Chapter 3

Yes! Oh my gosh I finally got it". Dunsin screamed as she stared at the TV. She did a happy dance.
Right on time Dave started playing his guitar, their noise was irritating Mrs Theo.

"When would I get peace and quietness in this house? Honey!" She called her husband, "please make your kids keep quiet I'm running deaf with their noise".
He looked at his wife and smiled. "So they're now my kids because of their noise ".
She shook her head, " we both know you are the only that understands their language".

Dunsin was still dancing when he walked into the parlour." What is the excitement all about, my sweet?"
"Daddy!!, you won't believe it".
"Try me". He settled into a couch.
She wore a mischievous smile on her face. " Well, Daddy, you are looking at the new..."

Dave cuts in with a guitar riff he had been practicing all day.

"That's enough David." She frowned at him. "Don't ruin my moment". She said pointing the remote control at her brother.

"Okay, I'll take that." Mr Theophilus grabbed the remote from Dunsin. "How about you go upstairs with your guitar and get ready for your presentation."
"Dad, I have been practicing all day and Dunsin is just been a drama queen".
"Just go upstairs and accept the fact that I have won the bet". She rolled her eyes at him. He grunted and went upstairs.

"Continue"
"Okay so daddy I am officially a model" .
"Interesting , since when...I mean who appointed you as one, did you sign any contract" He said teasing her.
"Well , there's this beauty contest I just saw on TV and when I win l, I will officially become a model".

" Pretty sure that's not how it works" Dave yelled from the top of the stairs.
"Go away David" she exclaimed .
"Dunsin! my darling,you have not even contested and you are already declaring yourself the winner".
"That's what confidence is all about Daddy. I am bold, beautiful and smart. I  will surely win this". She said with all excitement beaming all over her face.
"...but my darling, so is every other girl contesting".
"Uuh, but daddy, you always say I'm special, there is no doubt about that."
"Yes you are, but you have to brace yourself up for the challenge".

"... and have to register to participate Dunsin". Temy cuts in as she stood at the door, she had been standing there the whole time.
"Right! That is another point".
"Good evening Daddy".
"Welcome dear , how was fine day".
It was good.

"Hey Temy " . She said with a face down.
"No body is trying to discourage Dunsin, we are just stating facts your enthusiasm skipped". she said smiling.

"Thank you ". She was more quiet this time.
"...besides you're going to win like you have declared. No body can pull up modelling like you could". She tried to lighten up the air.

The smile returned to Dunsin's face .
"Daddy, Let's check the registration requirements together" . She opened her laptop.
"That's what I'm talking about". He grinned at his princess.
Temy headed to her room.

"Temy, tell Dave that he still owes me two thousand naira".
"For what?"
"I won the bet". She showed off her teeth.
She delivered the message as she passed through David's room.

~~~

Temy was heading for a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy session with the head Therapist in her division. She held her notepad and pen to take notes of the patients improvements.
I normally don't have problem with CBT but today is just too complicated she thought.

" I'll have to talk to him somehow"
"Did you say something?"
"Not really Sir". She slammed her hand to her forehead.

It's been a week since her conversation with Kelvin, and he had been avoiding her ever since. After her first mistake the other day, she wasn't in any haste to speak with him, even though his case bothered her alot. She had prayed several times about him and equally prayed for his sister's healing. God gave her instructions and she jotted down so that she wouldn't miss anything.