Chapter 1

" Ugggh!" Temy grunted out of exhaustion. " I've been here for the past four hours and no one has even made an attempt to answer me". She removed her hair scrunch and slid it on her wrist as she stared at the wall clock , it was already 2.30pm.

She brought out her phone and logged in to her Instagram. She was scrolling through people's posts and comment sections.

She could hear some people murmuring their complaint to one another, while others were already dozing off. Of course, She doesn't blame them. Most of these people had been here since 10.00am.

Almost immediately, the noise grew louder. She could not but pay attention to what was going on, and there she was...

"Who is that?" Temy asked the lady beside her.

"You mean her?", the lady said pointing at gorgeously dressed girl.
"Yes her".

" Well, she is Rebecca Lucas. "

"Is she also here for the recording? "

"Yeah". The lady reluctantly answered.

"So, why is everyone miffed at her presence". She looked at the facial reactions of the people around her.

"Wait a minute, doesn't the name Rebecca Lucas ring a bell to you". "Unfortunately no, not at all". She tried to figure out what the lady beside her was talking about.

"Okay then, figure it out yourself, I'm too tired for this conversation please!"

Shocked by the lady's abrupt reply she looked away and did what lady said, she tried to figure it out herself. Temy brought her gaze to Rebecca, who was wearing a crochet dress and a leather jacket, her purse looked very expensive, her gold hair complemented her fair skin perfectly.

So...she is definitely rich, but what's the big deal in that, she thought.
She could barely hear what Rebecca was saying to the receptionist, but she was definitely not making request or an enquiry rather she was commanding her demands and she was having her way.
Shortly, the Producer they had all been waiting for, arrived and led her to his office.

"What sort of thing is this!"

She walked up to the Producer before he could enter his office, "excuse me sir, this is unfair! we all have been waiting here and she just arrived".

Rebecca did not bother to listen to them she was just pressing her phone.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I don't have time for this right now, you would have to wait in the waiting room if you want our services"

"Exactly sir , I have been waiting, and so has everyone over there". She pointed at waiting room.

"She didn't wait one minute yet she gets to go in?"

"Young lady, you have to keep waiting or you might as well leave,"he motioned at the exit.

"I am sorry sir", a mixed feeling of shame and anger stirred up within her.

She found her way back to her seat.

Father, help me to be calm and sensible and help me Lord to quench this light of anger burning within me, she prayed silently and then she took a deep breath...and that verse she read this morning flashed back through her memory, "be slow to anger".

Forty five minutes later...
Rebecca came out of the studio and she headed straight to the exit, she was guarded by two hefty men dressed in black suit.
By then, most of the people had left angrily, some rescheduled their meeting at the reception, while others didn't.
The producer came out and apologized, for keeping everyone waiting (of course, it sounded forced, just for professionalism)
In no time, it was her turn, she finished her business and took her leave.

~~~

It was already dark when she got home, although Temy left the studio before dusk but there was no way the bus could have beat Lagos traffic.

"Mum! I'm home." She yelled as closed the door behind her

"Hello dear, Welcome. You look stressed"

"Yes mum, I'm really tired"

"Sorry love, go upstairs and freshen up, dinner will be ready when you are done". She made her way up the stairs.

They were not rich but were certainly not poor either, God's grace was sufficient after all. She came out of the bathroom to meet her little sister in the room they both share.

"Hey, Temy when did you get back .
"Just a while ago, where were you?
"Is that supposed to be a question? At my bestie's house of course" . Not surprised by her little sister sassy response, she continued drying her hair with the towel. "Temy guess what!"

"I 'm not sure I'm interested"

"Why not ?" She gave a serious face.
" You are not very nice you know" She stared at her
"I'm sorry"

Dunsin looked exactly like her, except for her long nose that suited her straight face perfectly, people who didn't know the truth would argue they were twins.
She had long legs like hers and was equally dark in complexion, with her curved lips and brown eyes. Her beauty was flawless and she has the perfect physique of a model . She was just 17 and her biggest aspiration was modelling.

"What? "Temi asked with a smile

"Okay, so I was watching this TV show model squad, the show was featuring different models from make up, to hair styles, to the wardrobe, the photo shoots and the runway, gosh it was dope! Definitely the most epic show I've watched in years." She grinned.
"Really? Cause you say that anytime you watch something new", she said jokingly.
"Don't be so sarcastic ." "Whatever".
She continued without hesitation.
The models were really beautiful, in fact, top class models were there too.
"I forgot to mention my sister is a talkative ".
"Hmmhmmm! " Dunsin turned to her sister.
" It's not nothing".

David cleared his throat to get his sisters' attention. "Dave come in, what a perfect timing" Temy muttered.
Her brother came at the right, cause she was already tired of listening to Dunsin's talk.

"Mummy asked me tell you guys that dinner is ready."
" Okay, let's go Dunsin".

The trio raced down the stairs. The aroma was very familiar, it was their mum's favorite meal; coconut rice with fully garnished stew with assorted meats.
Just when they were about to sit, their Dad entered and once again they ran to greet him. The whole family had dinner together, right before they blessed the food.